I guess this is happening.

First phones have been ordered for my twins, age 14. I was planning to wait until they turn 15 in October, but they are some of the last hold-outs in their friend group and they are missing out on a lot without texting capabilities (particularly with COVID). We're doing iphone SE's for them (by the way, Straight Talk has an amazing price!). Ordered adorable custom cases from casetify.

They will honestly be mostly texting and using a few school related apps (Spanish/math). I am fine with Pinterest app, which they both love already for art and fashion. We'll definitely allow some photo editing apps since I know they will enjoy that. Amazon music app, spotify. Kindle app and Hoopla for library checkouts. I'll probably get them Stylebook since I love tracking my closet and they probably will also. A game or two is fine. They are aware that they won't be getting Facebook, Insta, or TikTok for now. (They said they aren't really interested in those right now. Facebook and insta are passe it seems)

What are your rules and restrictions in regard to phone use and social media? They are extremely disciplined in general and have always been trustworthy but I still want some parameters. For example, I think we will have them charge the phones in the kitchen at night.