Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yes dear in my backyard ate my zucchini last year. They ate the leaves as well which I would have never guessed. We started using a motion sensor sprinkler which deters all vegetable thieves.

https://www.costco.com/yard-enforcer...100750886.html
    Last edited by lisa928; 04-12-2021 at 08:25 PM.

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    evidently some aren't as smelly!
    I will have to try that kind! Our deer are a complete menace- we have a lot of them and they pretty much eat it all- even stuff they supposedly hate.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Deer ate hot peppers I had in a pot and put on front porch by door up some steps to deter the deer but they still ate them!

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We got powdery mildew on our zucchini last year for the first time. We've had our zucchini in the same spot for years, so this was a surprise. Found a treatment online mixing baking soda and water and spraying daily. Figured it was an old wives tale but with a shot. It completely worked. I thought our plants would be fibers but they were fantastic producers once I started showing them every day to clear it up then prevent it. The recipe we used was something like this:
    https://migardener.com/prevent-kill-...w-baking-soda/

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by newnana View Post
    We got powdery mildew on our zucchini last year for the first time. We've had our zucchini in the same spot for years, so this was a surprise. Found a treatment online mixing baking soda and water and spraying daily. Figured it was an old wives tale but with a shot. It completely worked. I thought our plants would be fibers but they were fantastic producers once I started showing them every day to clear it up then prevent it. The recipe we used was something like this:
    https://migardener.com/prevent-kill-...w-baking-soda/
    This is great news! I think I will try to put them back in the garden but give them a bit more space (I wasted a ton of space with lettuce which we didn’t really like) and try spraying them daily with this stuff. Our zucchini plants were fantastic producers too until the mildew showed up. We really missed our zucchini! Thank you!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    This is great news! I think I will try to put them back in the garden but give them a bit more space (I wasted a ton of space with lettuce which we didn’t really like) and try spraying them daily with this stuff. Our zucchini plants were fantastic producers too until the mildew showed up. We really missed our zucchini! Thank you!
    wow, just getting back to my computer after being away for a few hours and reread my post. That will teach me to send anything on my phone without my reading glasses. I knew it was iffy at best, but apologies. Really, give it a shot, it was fantastic for us and ours were really really far gone before I found the mix, Magic.

The only thing they won't eat is tomatoes. Even with deer off, motion activated sprinklers, and electric fences.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    The only thing they won't eat is tomatoes. Even with deer off, motion activated sprinklers, and electric fences.
    Our deer ate the cherry tomatoes I had in pots placed a little too near the edge of our pool deck. Clearly, every herd has their favorites.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2