Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Nextdoor petty quarrels...

Oh, of all the stupid things.

Our nextdoor have over eighty comments on Lilly's new haircut - makes her look older, makes her face look fat, she can do whatever she wants, why are you judging, ect, ect ect...

And Lilly is????

The spokeswoman in the AT&T commercials.

Get a life, people.

{Feel free to add yours....}

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I refuse to join! I don’t want to dislike my neighbors and I fear that, like our schools Facebook group, that it’ll be filled with petty, grouchy people just looking to complain about something. Our school district is also divisive and the wealthy white people wont send their kids there (despite having no first hand knowledge) then b*tch about their taxes. Add the racist undertones and I fear I’ll learn more about some people than I want to!
    I’ll enjoy reading the more light hearted accounts though...like the AT&T lady’s hair 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ours is generally pretty useful and helpful, I can't imagine a post about a tv commercial? Do you not have foxes and coyotes taking over the streets like we do????

We have one lady, who has posted about a number of instances where her neighbors have called the police on her for "noise", she was having a small outdoor party on a Sat afternoon, when the police came over he said, looks like a fun time, wish I could stay. They have also called on her small dogs apparently stepping an inch over the property line, and also about "strange" kids in her driveway, could it be that her family is one of the few black families in this specific neighborhood of higher end houses???? Well, her daughter was stopped by a neighbor who questioned her belonging in the 'Private park", it's embarrassing and the rest of the folks have rallied around her, and provided some much needed love to her and her family. It was sad to read, but good to see her get support and apparently a bunch of folks came to her last party from the neighborhood.

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We used to have the HOA police posting passive aggressive things about their neighbors. I just don't get on anymore, it's not worth the drama.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Not Nextdoor but there’s a guy down the street w some major OCD. Yelled at our friends because their tree dropped leaves into his yard in the fall. I’ve seen him pick up small sticks and return them to his other neighbors yard after they blew onto his property. People like him are why I won’t join ND!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My Nextdoor neighborhood is pretty boring, BUT there's a near by one that is hilarious. It's a gated lake community that started life (60+ years ago) as more of a vacation/camping community but has turned into full time residents. So you have very different ideas as to how everything should be handled, who should be paying for what, etc. And the moderators for their neighborhood are very particular about what is and isn't allowed. So, instead of letting someone vent and it getting lost in the feed within a few minutes, they delete threads, which causes 25 new threads about how certain people are being censored. Even better, the people on their neighborhood don't seem to grasp that they're putting everything on a wider blast, and get mad at people from nearby areas for answering questions. (Does it really matter if someone from Main Street answers "What doctor do you recommend?" instead of someone from Lake____?)
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Our Nextdoor has really calmed down over the last few years, or maybe I don't pay it much attention anymore. We've had huge threads about cats walking through yards, people allowing kids to ride in the front seat on the way to the community pool from the next street over, and so many about "a suspicious white work van" driving slowly through the 'hood. The instigators have either all moved away or aired their grievances and moved on. I don't miss the drama.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Oh, my haircuts can get people going. I get a daily email version with top stories. Gets deleted without opening 90% of the time, but sometimes the top story is just worth me looking.

There are many frequent users who do not seem to understand that the forum is not their immediate 10 neighbors, but really includes thousands for miles around.

It was the best source for information when our closest Sonic was temporarily closed.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Not Nextdoor, but lots of these stories remind me of the "police log" column in my family’s small town newspaper. Apparently folks there call the police at the slightest opportunity. A recent favorite: report of a car driving slowly down a street, pulling into driveways, then turning around at the end of the street and repeating the process on the other side. Turns out it was someone delivering newspapers....

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My favorite Nextdoor drama was from someone complaining that when it snows people dare to walk on their unshoveled sidewalk, which packs the snow down and makes it harder to shovel later. Apparently all the neighbors are supposed to walk in the street whenever there's snow on the sidewalks?

Our neighborhood discussion is usually lost pets and complaints about people that don't pick up after their dogs or let their cats roam outside.

This account is golden:
    https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor?