hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Where to buy swimsuits for me??

During this past year, I unexpectedly lost 40 #'s. While this is a good thing on many levels and was done through diet modifications, my wardrobe is a mess that is all too big.

I pulled down my swimsuits yesterday and am afraid to even try them on without having an option or two to try if they don't fit.

So, where is the best place online to purchase sporty swimwear. Preferrably one piece suits. I do not like any of the Lands End options this year and LLBean doesn't have much either.

I need swimwear for active use... paddleboard, lap swimming, ect. So coverage and comfort is the key...

Thanks so much.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Athleta, Title Nine, Lole (REI and Zappos sell them) and Calia at Dick’s Sporting Goods.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I swore by Speedo when I swam competitively (and, later, at the gym - at least I knew the sizing; the last time I wore Speedo, I was a size 38/40 & wore a size 12 dress) but also recommend Dolfin and TYR. I favor wider straps with racing backs.

Sizing can be a little fiddly, but reviews on Swim Outlet give you a good feel for how things fit (run small; run large; true to size) ... and you can look for better deals through Sierra.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Congratulations on the weight loss!

I started lap swimming last fall and wanted a few more suits to have in rotation -- nothing fancy, but good for swimming. I bought two from Costco for cheap and have gotten several compliments. One is sold out, but the other is still available:

https://www.costco.com/speedo-ladies...100677138.html

You can order more than one size and easily return what you don't want to Costco in person. The price is fantastic -- especially if you think you will continue to loose weight and need a different size later.

Costco also has an inexpensive speedo swim skirt you can wear over a suit or pair with a rash guard or tankini top:

https://www.costco.com/speedo-ladies...100511041.html

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I swear by Athleta. It's the only brand I wear. The suits hold up year after year to heavy wear and heavy chlorine.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Zansu is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Swimsuits for All

I think it's going to depend on your shape/size and what kind of fit you prefer. I'm apparently really picky about how the bottom part of my swimsuit fits (in either 1 or 2 piece suits -- my idea of full coverage on the back is apparently different than most swimsuit designers...). I LOVE a couple of tankini tops I got at Athleta, but their one pieces and bottoms are a no for me. Nike is my favorite in terms of how they fit on the bottom half. Lands End has also worked well for me in the past. But you may have totally different needs. Unfortunately I think this is one of those things where you just have to try on a ton.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Where to buy swimsuits for me??

I have had good luck with Target the last couple of years.

ETA: I have a few Athleta suits as well that I bought in 2016 and are still going strong. We didn’t swim
    much before last year though (only on vacation and occasionally at the YMCA) but now we have a pool so I will see how it holds up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 04-18-2021 at 03:52 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Lands End (tall sizes!) and Calia for tankini tops. Bottoms can be hit or miss for me, but I was pleasantly surprised with Target bottoms recently. Great quality, double lined.