Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Massachusetts Vaccine Appts

How the heck have people gotten them? I’m trying to help an older friend get hers, the state.gov website says it will contact you when one is available but I haven’t heard from them and it looks like all the CVS etc vaccines are booked out. Any pointers? There’s got to be a better way than what I’m doing since I haven’t gotten a response in days
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Not in MA but I had a really hard time with the national pharmacy companies. Your best bet is to look at midnight or really early (6 or 7am). That's when they drop.
    But, I had a ton of immediate success in my state when I started following a local facebook group that was created to help people find shots. They knew if a place had too many appointments unfilled, the tiny pharmacies with no online presence, the hospitals an hour away with tons of appointments...so see if you can find something like that. I had an appointment that day.

Default Massachusetts Vaccine Appts

Follow @vaccinetime on Twitter. It’s a bot that helps find open vaccine times in MA. If the ones they post are near you, click on the link and it will take you to sign up. I know a lot of people who have gotten them this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

CVS at 6ish a.m. has been good for me. I got several appointments for people I know who were eligible. If you are eligible now get your appointment before EVERYONE becomes eligible on Monday.

Here are a few CVS pointers. Some of my devices have been willing to stay in the CVS waiting room over night. My iPad seemed to get kicked out but my iPhone would stay in so I didn’t have to wait in a long digital queue in the morning. So you answer questions about COVID symptoms, what state you need a vaccine in, then state specific questions. Then you’ll enter locations. If nothing is available try back when you have a moment, especially between 5:45-6:45 a.m. Depending on how far you can travel have a list of towns in the area and be ready to pounce on what you find. CVS searches for available locations within a radius of your search, but it’s not entirely clear what that radius is. Once you select your appointment it holds 30 minutes while you fill in some info. One difficulty I had was finding a second appointment, as CVS requires you to book 1st and 2nd together. If nothing pops up you may have to go through the same searching different locations for an available second shot.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Check out any local hospitals that are giving the vaccine. One of ours had many, many appointments available all day long.
    K

I have booked a lot of appts in mass.

Where are you located? Are you willing to travel? Lowell general has a great site set up. They post new appt monday afternoons, around 1 and then again on Thursday or saturday. You book through lowell general web site.

https://www.lowellgeneralvaccine.com

Walgreens, be online and signed in to the system at 7 am. Cvs has been loading this week around 4-5 am.

Lawrence community health center, haverhill location, post new appointments every couple of days. Even if it says no appts for a month, check the next day. They are constantly adding them.

The mass registration site is sending texts based on order you registered. I registered my husband within minutes of the system going live and he got his first vaccine this past sunday.

Also check the hospital system your pcp is affiliated with. My pcp is through Beth Israel/lahey. They are running their own clinics. They send a message though the portal when you can make an appt.

Are you willing to go to New Hampshire? They are vaccinating anyone 16+, regardless of where you live.

Depending on her age and where you live, call the town senior center. They started doing clinics for residents 65+ in all the towns around me last week. I dont know if they are still doing them because they were giving out the J$J vaccine.

If i see appts, I will PM you.

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I’m not far from the MA border in CT. I agree with PPs about CVS. Maybe they’re in the same region and work the same. DH found both of us appointments at about 6:15am on CVS website. He recommended it to a few of our friends and that’s where they’ve found appointments too. He says they post four days out and then each morning open another day up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I’ve also had luck using vaccinefinder.org.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I agree with Snowmom. Preregister at the state sight. I did and got the text to book an appt. I couldnt do it on my phone so I started over on my computer and got invited again. The best for me has been CVS though between 4-5am.

I'm often up at that time so if you need help pm me. I'd need name, dob, email or phone, towns you're willing to travel to and times/days that work.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Cvs is loading appts right now. If you keep hitting refresh you should be able to get in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast