Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This was me a couple of weeks ago. The state system will get to you, it just takes a couple of weeks. Registered my son and husband about the same time. Scored a CVS one for my son after randomly hitting the sites for several days at different times. Besides the “dump” times when the new ones open up I see ones pop up randomly at weird times, probably when people cancel. I got notified my son could get one via the state the day before the CVS one I got for him. My DH got an invite <14 days after he was eligible. He’s getting his vaccine from one of the mass sites today, which is 19 days after he registered. Things might slow down a bit now with the Johnson and Johnson hold. Since appointments are opening up to everyone over 16 on Monday I would spend some time staying up late, getting up early this weekend to try to get one.

It was VERY. Frustrating. I couldn’t even get one through my hospital employer for them. because they didn’t get invites from the online system, and there was no way to call and do it.

Of course you could hop on a plane to Mississippi. Apparently they have 73,000 empty slots!

saleenl is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

There is a Massachusetts coronavirus subreddit that shares a lot of helpful info about vaccines and maintains an excellent list of links and resources at the top in a daily pinned post. Here is today's post: https://reddit.com/r/CoronavirusMa/c..._vaccine_tips/

What part of the state are you in? If you're in Western Mass, there are appointments right now at Mercy for later this week - https://www.trinityhealthofne.org/mercy-vaccine and UMass Amherst is posting a batch of appointments at 4pm today - https://www.umass.edu/coronavirus/vaccine

One more thought, our Senior Center, together with the town's Board of Health, will search for appointments for residents. Can't hurt to give your local ones a call.
    Last edited by saleenl; 04-16-2021 at 08:11 AM. Reason: added BOH info
    Boober (10/05) and JuJuBe (5/09)

heatherlynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

you guys are so awesome!! all set with an appt for my friend and I can drive her there so it should work out!! So excited about this, she's been unable to get one because she's older and not skilled with the internet and has no way of driving anywhere. Thank you so so much!!
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

Just coming back to say I preregistered within the first few hours the system was open for the April 19 eligibility and got a text this morning to register for an appointment. I’ve preregistered both my kids, although neither is eligible for a vaccine yet and I’m not sure if they’ll use the mass sites for younger children, but figured it couldn’t hurt.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow mom View Post
    Just coming back to say I preregistered within the first few hours the system was open for the April 19 eligibility and got a text this morning to register for an appointment. I’ve preregistered both my kids, although neither is eligible for a vaccine yet and I’m not sure if they’ll use the mass sites for younger children, but figured it couldn’t hurt.
    My SIL did the exact same thing and got a text today and a vaccine at Gillette tonight. I never thought I’d preregistering my kids! They are 6 and 9 so not eligible for a bit. But maybe I should just so they can be first in line.

An aside, we are now at the stage where all direct adult contacts w my kids are vaccinated. That feels so good.

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    My SIL did the exact same thing and got a text today and a vaccine at Gillette tonight. I never thought I’d preregistering my kids! They are 6 and 9 so not eligible for a bit. But maybe I should just so they can be first in line.

An aside, we are now at the stage where all direct adult contacts w my kids are vaccinated. That feels so good.
    Ha! I didn’t know Gillette did sundays or we would have been down there today!!!

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

A bunch of people on my parent group have touted 'vaccinetime' on Twitter with helping them find appointments. Someone else said they got one using maCovidvaccines.com.

My daughter got an appointment in NH but we are close to the NH border so not a huge drive for us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2