bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Kitchenaid SLOW JUICER Attachment?

I just scored a Kitchenaid Artisan stand mixer in Willow Blue. It is super pretty. My mom bought it used for me for Mother's Day for $45! I'm not entirely sure how much I'll use it. I've lived without a stand mixer for 20 years. I do occasionally use a hand mixer so I'm hoping that I'll figure out enough uses to justify its space on the counter! (Dang those things are heavy! Nothing like the Bosch I grew up with, lol.)

Anyway, we have fruit trees and especially this one super productive loquat tree. This fruit is sweet and has a good flavor but has a really thick inedible skin and large inedible (poisonous?) seeds. Being able to juice it, we think we can store the juice to use a base for smoothies, etc. and we can give the pulp to our red worms! Win-win right? So we were thinking about getting a slow juicer attachment. Wondering if anyone has tried it? It gets pretty decent reviews online but I think the fruit we're trying to use might be sort of tough on a juicer. DH asked me to ask my "motherboard" to see what the word on the street is, lol. (Side note--I didn't know he realized that I have one good source for all my product information!)

So, any experience you've had with this would be much appreciated!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This is the attachment we're considering--it is expensive!

https://www.kitchenaid.com/counterto...r.ksm1ja.html?