Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I find pizza is expected regardless of the party timing. It leads to food waste so we always note on the invitation that food will be served. If you note on the invitation what you’re serving, people will plan around it.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

No, but I mention we will serve cake or birthday treats when not serving a meal so folks know.
    K

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

No but every party we’ve gone to with a 1 start has had food. I, like the pp’s, have always been clear on my invites about what food will be served. I think it’s just a simple, polite addition to an invite.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Thanks guys, I had this wording on the invite: We'll have snacks, cake, and backyard activities.

I just had a mom message me and ask if lunch was served. I was thrown for a loop, because I felt like the wording was pretty clear. (the same mom had messaged me saying, "if I am understanding this right, it's a week from Monday?"....um, yes, as the evite states: 4/19/21....don't know how to clarify that further).

It would be easy enough to do pizza but I was trying to keep it low key. This mom tends to be a little high maintenance.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

🤣 geez. You were clear and your plan is fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Yes, wording was very clear - it's the other mom, not you. Have a great party!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

She's either not reading it at all, or she has zero reading comprehension. Don't worry about it, you are fine.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Nope, I wouldn’t expect lunch at a 1-4pm party, especially since you say right in the evite what you are serving. I also think your explanation of the date is very clear. Have fun!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ditto what everyone else says -- I wouldn't expect it in that timeframe, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it was there, as almost all parties seem to have pizza regardless of time.

Given your update about what you already listed on the invite, I absolutely wouldn't expect lunch to be served. That mom just sounds like one of those people who never bothers to read things and just expects everyone else to answer all her questions. Enjoy the party!
    Lizi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast