Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I agree you were clear, but would also try to just shrug off the other mom's inquiry and not make too many assumptions about her either. I have also been to parties where I felt sure the host specified that there would not be a meal,and there was a meal. My theory is that it is always okay to ask and that is not necessarily negative in any way.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Your invite was very clear! I’ve always appreciated invites with wording about food, so I can plan around it. But having that said, every single party my kids attended over the years always had food involved. I always included on my kids invites, especially for those with allergies as a mom of allergic kid, knew that is always appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think you were very clear and nope, wouldn't expect lunch/a meal during a 1-4 party.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    I agree you were clear, but would also try to just shrug off the other mom's inquiry and not make too many assumptions about her either. I have also been to parties where I felt sure the host specified that there would not be a meal,and there was a meal. My theory is that it is always okay to ask and that is not necessarily negative in any way.
    So true! I can totally understand that and you are right I should give the benefit of the doubt also. It’s always fine to ask, it just got me more stressed!

the party went great! 👏❤️

Can’t believe my baby is 9 😭

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Glad the party was great!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I wouldn't expect lunch. In fact, I would assume that the party was set so that lunch was already eaten before the party.

ETA: I guess my answer is a little late since the party already happened, lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2