Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Would you be annoyed?

DS2 has an allergy requiring him to have an epi pen. His prescription has expired and I need a refill. His pediatrician is requiring a telehealth visit for me to get a refill. His annual was last July. I am so annoyed. They’re not going to test him to see if the allergy still exists. They are going to ask me a few questions and then bill my insurance for a visit. Would you be annoyed?

MSWR0319 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yes! My son has an epipen as well, and we only have to come in every year to get a script refilled. Even if our appointment if more than a year since the last one, they will fill the script and then schedule the check up if needed. I would remind them he was just in in July.

Yes, I would be annoyed. You shouldn't need another visit if you just had an annual in July.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes, I'd be annoyed. I feel like sometimes doctors use prescriptions to force reticent patients to be seen but there is no excuse in this case as it has been less than a year!

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes annoyed!!! I thought you were going to say hasn’t been into see doctor for a check up for two years. We get a refill order at annual visit. If we need additional, pharmacy just calls doctor.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Did you not get a new prescription when you had your appt in July? I'm one of those annoying people who demands paper prescription so I can shop it for price, and my doctors all hate it!

Can you schedule your annual appointment for July and get a refill now? Unless something's changed, I don't see how they would need to see you this soon.

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Call them back and remind them you had your checkup less than a year ago and just want a refill until the next annual checkup.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    Did you not get a new prescription when you had your appt in July? I'm one of those annoying people who demands paper prescription so I can shop it for price, and my doctors all hate it!

Can you schedule your annual appointment for July and get a refill now? Unless something's changed, I don't see how they would need to see you this soon.
    I didn’t get an Rx at our last visit because we had epi pens from our allergist. Those pens expire at the end of the month. We have an appointment to see the allergist this summer. We saw the pediatrician this past July and are scheduled for our yearly this July.

Thanks for the replies. I have never had a problem getting a prescription before. I’m scratching my head. All I can think is visits are down and they can bill this as a visit. I’m waiting to hear from my allergist to see if they’ll issue a prescription.

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I didn’t get an Rx at our last visit because we had epi pens from our allergist. Those pens expire at the end of the month. We have an appointment to see the allergist this summer. We saw the pediatrician this past July and are scheduled for our yearly this July.
    Ok - so you are asking the pediatrician to refill a prescription from another doctor, for a condition that the pediatrician is not treating?

I'm waffling on that - can't the allergist refill it?
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast