Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom View Post
    Ok - so you are asking the pediatrician to refill a prescription from another doctor, for a condition that the pediatrician is not treating?

I'm waffling on that - can't the allergist refill it?
    We’ve always been able to get prescriptions from the pediatrician even though we see an allergist. We discuss his allergy at his yearly and he fills out the school forms for DS to have medication at school. Allergist does the skin tests and blood work every other year. Since his numbers are so high she doesn’t recommend testing every year. Yes, allergist does mail order and I was hoping to just pick up new pens at the local pharmacy so I called the pediatrician. I just have to wait for the mail order pens to arrive.
    Last edited by jgenie; 04-21-2021 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    We’ve always been able to get prescriptions from the pediatrician even though we see an allergist. We discuss his allergy at his yearly and he fills out the school forms for DS to have medication at school. Allergist does the skin tests and blood work every other year. Since his numbers are so high she doesn’t recommend testing every year. Yes, allergist does mail order and I was hoping to just pick up new pens at the local pharmacy so I called the pediatrician. I just have to wait for the mail order pens to arrive.
    We also get epipen prescriptions filled by our ped. even though DS2 sees an allergist. Same with the paperwork for school. DS2 also doesn't see his allergist every year.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would be annoyed. I've never had a dr balk at writing a prescription for an epipen. Regardless of who should prescribe it or how long its been. They're considered life saving so they just check that we've had one before and then send the rx in.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I’d be annoyed too. If the pediatrician won’t fill it, call the allergist and ask them to refill it. As other places have said it’s a life-saving prescription. Is there really a need to ask questions before prescribing it?
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2