Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I like the idea of an Apple watch or AirPods Pro, whichever she would prefer. Another idea, not so exciting right now but something she will appreciate as she gets older would be to open an investment account for her- maybe a no-minimum Roth IRA. She could always add to it as able and it would start a nice nest egg for her.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Does she have a bike?
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I like the idea of the accessories for the phone, like the Apple watch and/or Airpods. Will she be commuting to college by car? Maybe something for her car if she doesn't drive as much right now? Like a AAA membership (or part of a family membership), car wash membership, car jump starter battery, etc.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for the ideas! Not sure what I will do, but will consider all of these.

She has a bike, but not a car. She will either take the bus to school or I will be driving her (just to answer a few questions.)

Thanks again!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

A nicer backpack with gift receipt could be a good way to symbolize the shift from high school to CC. You could fill it with other gifts- like the yeti (or other brand) tumbler PP mentioned, a good case for her phone, ear pods (agree knock offs are also good). Anything you think would be helpful for her on an Oregon CC campus.

Does her bedroom have an older teen/young adult vibe to it? If not, a room refresh would celebrate her transition to college. We did that for DS when he found out he'd be living at home (due to the pandemic) for his first semester. Fresh coat of paint, new bedding, LED lights (or something along those lines) and a new rug would be in your price range. I did let DS know so he could give us his input. He picked what he wanted from photos I texted him. The final big 'reveal' was his wow moment. (Not sure what part of Oregon you are in, but if you are near a college, there may be great deals on like-new furniture from students moving out of off-campus apartments.)

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

A nicer backpack with gift receipt could be a good way to symbolize the shift from high school to CC. You could fill it with other gifts- like the yeti (or other brand) tumbler PP mentioned, a good case for her phone, ear pods (agree knock offs are also good). Anything you think would be helpful for her on an Oregon CC campus.

Does her bedroom have an older teen/young adult vibe to it? If not, a room refresh would celebrate her transition to college. We did that for DS when he found out he'd be living at home (due to the pandemic) for his first semester. Fresh coat of paint, new bedding, LED lights (or something along those lines) and a new rug would be in your price range. I did let DS know so he could give us his input. He picked what he wanted from photos I texted him. The final big 'reveal' was his wow moment. (Not sure what part of Oregon you are in, but if you are near a college, there may be great deals on like-new furniture from students moving out of off-campus apartments.)

ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love a good symbolic piece of jewelry. I can remember the jewelry in my box that I got for events. Don’t remember any other gifts. If you spend $500 you could add insurance so she has piece of mind. Diamond earrings, birthstone ring, small diamond necklace....

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Any ideas for dd's high school graduation gift?

Quote Originally Posted by ray7694 View Post
    I love a good symbolic piece of jewelry. I can remember the jewelry in my box that I got for events. Don’t remember any other gifts. If you spend $500 you could add insurance so she has piece of mind. Diamond earrings, birthstone ring, small diamond necklace....
    I would go with the iPhone 12, and the new Apple tag (that finds your stuff for you when it is possibly lost in your house).

Or the jewelry. I am not big on jewelry but I have to say I treasured the pearl ring I got from my parents for my high school graduation. I wore it daily until it got lost a year ago....it fell off my nightstand and went under my bed and tbh I think the dog or the house cleaners vacuum cleaner ate it and I didn’t realize it until we moved about a month later and it wasn’t under my bed any longer. It was a super simple pearl ring that I will eventually have remade.

I know with the price of silver being crazy these days this might be hard to find but my go to gift for close family and friends for high school graduation was a silver plate jewelry box from Pottery Barn, but it is sadly discontinued but the small one was a square with enough space to monogram, and the larger one I got for my sister had enough space to have her name engraved on it. My sister was not a big jewelry person either and she ended up really liking it and has it 16 years later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

As someone who’s not big on jewelry, especially expensive pieces like your DD.

I would just have the iPhone 11 from your direr. It’s perfectly good phone and allows you to get something else from yourself like Apple Watch, AirPod pros with a nice backpack especially if she’s riding her bike.

That’s what I’ll go with or just fill a new backpack with smaller stuff like tumbler, air tag (it’s new from Apple) and 2-3 nights away locally if DS can go stay at your sister.

Congrats!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2