lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Recipes or Methods Wanted: Marinades to Use For Tempeh and/or Tofu

I had a craving for tempeh the other day, so I bought some at Trader Joe's to use in my foil packet lunch with Girl Scouts on Sunday.

Because DD wanted corn in her potato packet, I decided to try & create a taco-like marinade for my tempeh to complement the corn & rice I would be using in mine to not feel like I'd wastefully opened a bag of frozen corn kernels.

Anyway, I found a couple of suggestions online, but not early enough to also grab spices like smoked paprika (which Trader Joe's now carries and I'm adding to my list because, duh) or dried herbs like oregano (which I keep thinking we have, but what we ACTUALLY have is basil), so I riffed on those using what I had in the house. It came out OK, but still a little bland.

I'd like to expand my options because tempeh is cheap so even if I'm the only person eating it, I don't feel wasteful prepping stuff for myself, so if you have a favorite marinade or spice rub for neutral proteins like chicken, cod, tempeh, or tofu, please point me.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Default Recipes or Methods Wanted: Marinades to Use For Tempeh and/or Tofu

DD uses soy sauce, sesame oil, and crushed garlic for her tofu marinade. Then she cooks it in the air fryer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    DD uses soy sauce, sesame oil, and crushed garlic for her tofu marinade. Then she cooks it in the air fryer.
    I have a recipe that uses soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger; I'd probably also add a little bit of sesame oil or sweet chili sauce because I like things spicy.

The air fryer is a brilliant way to cook proteins like this; my usual go-to is baking or stir-fry, but having an air fryer means I can also use that!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I always look for recipes on chef's culinary blogs and sites where people with advanced cooking skills share their recipes. This https://www.kitchentricks.com/recipes/ is one of my favorite culinary portals. Here you will find many recipes from different cuisines of the world and articles written by experts with tips and tricks for cooking different dishes, improving the taste of cooked food and tricks to help diversify the menu for any budget.