Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Ikea Kallax basket cubes....any other brands?

We are a couple hours away from Ikea and they have been OOS on so many things recently. I went in November and they literally had NOTHING on my list. Has anyone found another brand of cube storage that fits PERFECTLY in the Kallax? I'd be interested in bins but specifically need baskets. There is only like one model in stock for shipping at Ikea.com and it's not the cutest option plus will take a MONTH for shipping. I know that Walmart has some nice looking cubes but they are a smaller size and I think that was the same when I looked at Target? Did Ikea purposefully make their stuff an odd size or is it just me?

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Ikea made their stuff euro sized so definitely not standard for a lot of items.
    Target has the Threshold and Pillow Fort brands storage cubes, which are really nice, and a cheaper brand that’s fine. Not sure they’ll fit but worth a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

If you want the look of Ikea to match your existing Ikea stuff I would just wait a bit longer. The last time we went in January (I think) there was way more in stock than there was in the fall. Store stock will continue to get better as the pandemic improves.

If you really need it now then stick with Target, Walmart, Home Goods, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Have you checked craigslist? They come up pretty frequently here. That would at least tide you over till you know they'll be in stock when you go. Or perhaps check stock in a different IKEA location? Maybe someone who lives near one can get them and ship to you?
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have threshold bins and they fit perfectly. Pretty sure they have baskets the same size too.

Eta: these are the bins we have: https://www.target.com/p/13-34-fabri...2/-/A-17086485
    Last edited by Mommy_Mea; 04-24-2021 at 01:42 PM.
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011