Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm over it

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default I'm over it

I'm so completely DONE with this school year. I'm counting the days until it's over (I believe it's 33, but I could be wrong because I've been wrong so many times this year). This hybrid crap does NOT work for DS2. I'm fed up. I'm tired of being expected to give 100% at my full time job while simultaneously being Super Mom while the school is failing him. I'm tired of looking like a crappy parent because I'm apparently not doing ENOUGH to keep him caught up with lessons he doesn't understand. I'm tired of being the bad guy and nagging him when there is nothing anyone else is doing to keep him engaged for the 2.5 hours of online "learning" he gets 3 days a week. THIS ISN'T WORKING, I've been saying it for 6 months, so NO, I do not want another meeting to discuss how *I* can help him learn and get back on track this year. I give up.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m so sorry it has been so hard. You are doing a great job juggling everything. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I hate this for you. You've shared a little about your struggles and it sounds really hard. You gotta know you can't do any more and feel ok with that. If it were me, I'd give my DS a big hug, tell him I've done all I can to help and I'll keep on but that's the best I can do and make a countdown calendar with him. Maybe you guys can be buddies "surviving" this year together. Here's hoping for a fast 33 days. I hope you have fun summer plans at least??

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I’m so sorry. You sound like you’re doing a great job. I think the school’s expectations are unrealistic. Hang in there!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I’m so sorry. Think of how far you have come. 33 days is doable. And you have a high schooler so you know- your DS2 still has plenty of time to catch up on any subjects he’s struggling with. He is certainly not the only kid out there who needs to catch up. You are a great mom for working with him. You are doing the best you can.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

I am sorry it has been so rough for you and your family. Sending best wishes for the last 33 days. I can’t even bring myself to count yet. DS goes until June 25.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

You're not alone!

I opted 6th grade DS out of his English class after being completely overwhelmed with the ridiculous assignments that had been coming through from that teacher. Except there's no such thing as actually opting out. We're just not doing the homework and I don't care if he fails the class. He can catch up next year.

We're all doing the best we can. Try to not stress out too much. It was incredibly freeing for our whole family when I finally set the boundary that this English class wasn't going to occupy any more of our thoughts.

Sent from my LML713DL using Tapatalk

This situation sucks! And it isn't you, you are a great mama. It's hard and okay to give yourself and DS as much grace as you need. Everyone's mental health is more important than a year of school during a pandemic. He will catch up.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

OP here. I can't begin to tell you all how much your supportive words mean to me. It feels like we're alone, the only ones struggling, so it does help that outsiders can "hear" me. Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

29.5 days here - and i started counting down a LONG time ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast