Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I'm over it

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    OP here. I can't begin to tell you all how much your supportive words mean to me. It feels like we're alone, the only ones struggling, so it does help that outsiders can "hear" me. Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    You are DEFINITELY not alone. I have had 3 of the same "meetings" about DD where the teacher tells me more about what DD isn't doing and how I can "support" her in doing it. I just smile and nod now because every.single.time. I have told the teacher how unhappy DD is, and the teacher acts like this is a big surprise and she had no idea (despite my bringing it up every time we speak), and "oh, that explains it." So I finish with - "well, I am picking my battles with DD right now, but thanks for letting me know." And I go right back to counting the days and trying not to worry.
    Mom to Mr. Sunshine 9/08
    and Miss Happiness 3/11

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Hugs....you are not alone! I can’t wait for the school year to be done with. School is going to be a challenge for years to come I fear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I get it. My sons are the almost the same ages/grades as your sons. For DS2, I'm considering this year a wash. He's always been behind in school, and it's just gotten worse this year, but I know he's not the only one. He's told me many times he's looking forward to having in-person school again so that it will be easier for him to learn. Thankfully, the school system has recognized how hard this school year has been and has eased up on many things. I would be so frustrated if I kept being called into meetings like you have!
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09

ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

You aren't alone. This year has been awful for my three. DD has several Ds and Fs and I don't know how to help her. I can't punish her because I don't think there is anything left that I can take away at this point. She is a high school junior and I'm terrified about college. She is so smart but has struggled to just turn stuff in this year.
    DS2 is in 2nd grade and hates school. He is sad and angry when I pick him up pretty much every day. It breaks my heart. But this is better than the beginning of the year when he was remote much of the time and couldn't log into zoom without help and we were fighting and crying on and off all day.
    I don't know what is going on with DS1 at all. Maybe he is actually ok? I'm scared to look at OnCourse to track his grades because DD's page comes up first. He's been in a weekly remediation program for English and it sounds like it is helping him with some of the stuff he's struggling with in class and isn't torture.

I am reading this late but yay, another week down! I am so sorry you are dealing with this. Crappy year here too. I am so excited for summer. Even my kid who at one time loved school actually commented that he'd be happy if he was quarantined at this point because he's over it.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2