Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Maybe see if you could borrow a couple of those rotating racks like they have for cards, calendars, sewing patterns at stores. Not sure from where but it would be a good way to display them with 1-3 per section so people could look at them but not have to sort through a whole box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

firstbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Are you open to selling some individually or do you want to sell them as a lot? If you want to sell them individually, I would think about how you could display the catalog you’ve created at the sale so people could browse through that if they were interested in purchasing.

Do you have them organized in a way that you could pull out and sell certain patterns to a buyer?

You may have more luck at the sale by sorting patterns into category boxes - tops, dresses, skirts, etc. Having boxes that are so full someone can’t browse through will make it a challenge to sell, but it sounds like it would be a big time investment to sort. I would probably make the time investment to sort, have the catalog available for browsing, offer bulk pricing by category - i.e. skirt pattern box is $x for X patterns, etc and I would offer bulk discounts for across all categories i.e. 20 patterns for $x.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by firstbaby View Post
    Are you open to selling some individually or do you want to sell them as a lot? If you want to sell them individually, I would think about how you could display the catalog you’ve created at the sale so people could browse through that if they were interested in purchasing.

Do you have them organized in a way that you could pull out and sell certain patterns to a buyer?

You may have more luck at the sale by sorting patterns into category boxes - tops, dresses, skirts, etc. Having boxes that are so full someone can’t browse through will make it a challenge to sell, but it sounds like it would be a big time investment to sort. I would probably make the time investment to sort, have the catalog available for browsing, offer bulk pricing by category - i.e. skirt pattern box is $x for X patterns, etc and I would offer bulk discounts for across all categories i.e. 20 patterns for $x.
    I thought about reorganizing them by type today but I worry that it’d be really hard to find them if someone wanted to shop it via the catalog instead. Right now they are all numbered and the numbering system carries across photos, lists and boxes. Finding a specific dress would become like a needle in a haystack if I moved them. But, it’s a consideration. It’s how I would have organized them if I’d been given them all at once.
    Thanks for the reminder re. displaying the catalog. I knew I was forgetting something!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by billysmommy View Post
    Maybe see if you could borrow a couple of those rotating racks like they have for cards, calendars, sewing patterns at stores. Not sure from where but it would be a good way to display them with 1-3 per section so people could look at them but not have to sort through a whole box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I used to have access to such things but not anymore. But I know if 2 good used stores near me that might have something. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Would you or someone familiar with the catalog system be able to help customers? Maybe you would feel better about it if you were the one handling the patterns and rifling through the boxes. I understand that may not be possible though if you have other things to attend to as well.
    Last edited by petesgirl; 05-05-2021 at 12:16 AM.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2