Thread: Keep or Toss

Aishe is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Keep or Toss

Our deep freezer's door was left open overnight. DH discovered it and closed the door without feeling the contents to determine how warm they were. He thinks nothing got warmer than refrigerator temp, but he has no way to really know this. I had salmon, shrimp and ground chicken in there. Would you keep or toss?

ETA: there was some ice cream that was icy/crystallized so it clearly had at least partially thawed.

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would probably be ok with it, most stuff is pretty frozen and if it is also packed in there it won't have thawed too much assuming your house wasn't super warm.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I’d throw away the chicken for sure, maybe the salmon. It might be fine, and i might be overreacting but it turns my stomach to think of bad chicken and fish. I’d probably keep the shrimp.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.