Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Dd may have breakthrough case -PPT/Mojo please

So many of you know that our family is extremely careful. We are still doing remote school/work,. We are not going to social gatherings. We finally went to the eye dr, after not having been since Feb 2020, as we really needed new prescriptions. Dd and I are fully vaccinated, while my 15 year old son with asthma is obviously not. About 5 days ago, dd began having headaches, fatigue, nausea. She can get migraines, and as she is vaccinated, I was not concerned. Then she complained that food had little to no taste..other symptoms did not improve. Then she developed a sore throat, congestion, and had continued fatigue (which is very unusual for her)! Thinking she could not have Covid, but with these many symptoms I need to get her tested "out of abundance of caution" as they say, she got tested yesterday. The testing place required us to meet with a dr, which I had not been expecting.

Dd's temp was taken and it was 100.3! I was not expecting that one and that is when I started really worrying. No shortness of breath or coughing.

We have had 163 breakthrough cases here in Oregon, so its not impossible, but this still seems so far-fetched. I am mostly worried about my 15 year old ds, who has asthma. Oh, and get this, the doctor told me that having asthma is high risk (I know we have heard other places that it is not; never made sense to me and who knows).

Only other explanation I can think of is its a combo of migraine, dairy allergy (she gets GI and other symptoms from dairy, has a diagnosed allergy, and has been having a lot of dairy lately), and possibly seasonal allergies (but she has not had them in the past and ds and I do have them and are fine). There is the idea that she could have a cold or other virus, but if she can have somehow have gotten those she could somehow have gotten Covid and our numbers are high right now. Took her temp when we got home and it was 99 point something...so we will see.

We should have results late Thursday night, but could be Friday morning. I feel like I must sound like an extremely anxious mom writing this, as it it just so hard to believe that dd is having all these symptoms, is fully vaccinated, and does so little.
    Last edited by JustMe; 05-05-2021 at 11:56 AM.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I’m sorry, this does sound anxiety producing. Please take some comfort in the fact if the test come back positive for COVID the data coming out from the earlier, and older, vaccine recipients is they don’t get as sick.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I hope it comes back negative! If it makes you feel any better I've been experiencing similar symptoms along with ear pain and itchy eyes. I'm fully vaccinated and have worried it's covid too. However, I'm almost positive it's allergies.

wendibird22 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I can imagine how stressful this is. I work on a college campus and we must test 20-30 students a week, who present with symptoms, and this week and last 100% turned out to be cold, allergy, or strep. So lots going around that isn’t Covid. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that’s the case for your DD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I totally understand your concerns, but I bet it’s not Covid, esp given the circumstances. So many people we know have gone through a similar situation and it turned out to be something else.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for the replies and assurances! Of course we dont know either way, but I am glad to hear that some of you are seeing similar symptoms out there that are not Covid. I asked the med. assistant what else they are seeing there and he said "pretty much we're seeing Covid". I do take that with a grain of salt, but it is good to hear others' experiences.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Btw my allergies cause me to lose my sense of smell to some degree.

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

ugh. one of the teachers at my kid's school just tested positive, and she was fully vaxxed in March. But, her symptoms have been very mild (and she is overweight and not super healthy, along with being a smoker). On the other hand I posted here when my ds was sick a while back- and it was just a regular cold for him. I know I was so worried when he was sick so can relate to how you feel!

I totally understand the fear and worry, but my first thought before I read the other responses was that it's not Covid. There are still other viruses out there that can cause strange symptoms. Fingers crossed for your DD that she tests negative!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Im hoping it turns out to be a cold or allergies. I had covid symptoms in March. I was sure I had Covid but tests came back negative.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast