Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I'm going to try that for my second! I'm considering getting it in my right arm. I apparently sleep on my left and it was more upsetting to my sleep than it was during the waking hours!
    I now always get shots in my right (dominant) arm because I sleep on my left side and it would always wake me up for a couple nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Theoretically it shouldn't matter. Your immune cells circulate through the blood and if there's a challenge detected that makes its way to a lymph node somewhere, immune cells get recruited to those nodes to engage in battle.

So...pick whatever arm is most convenient to you. Though I agree if you got a rash with the first dose, then maybe doing a different arm would be helpful.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Nurse told me to go with dominant arm because you are more likely to move it around me. Honestly, it still was sore and so I don't think it matters much. I'd go with "side you don't sleep on" if you are a side sleeper.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I agree that it’s best not to get it on the side you sleep on, if you are a side sleeper. That was the most uncomfortable part for me, being aware that I should avoid it, though I shift from side to stomach.
    I tried exercising my arm but I don’t know if it made a difference. Three days later it’s still somewhat sore but much better.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I did non-dominant the first time and will do dominant the 2nd time. I tried to exercise my arm a bunch the first time and after 24 hours it really wasn't sore anymore (was pretty sore in my sleep the first night). I'll move my right arm much more so hoping for less soreness the 2nd time (this Sat).
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

My arm was still a bit sore from the first shot when I went for the second. I decided to go with the same arm as it’s my non-dominant side and also I sleep on the other side. The nurse seemed to both think it was totally normal that my arm would be sore three weeks later and fine to still get the second in that arm. The soreness was way worse with the second shot. Like incapacitating for that arm. No way to know if it would have been any better with the other arm. I would still choose my non-dominant arm for the second shot now.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Because of how sore my arm got I wanted it in my non dominant arm each time.

I get all my vaxes in my non-dominant arm to account for any arm soreness.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for the input! I normally do non-dominant arm in case of soreness. But, I tend to sleep better on my non-dominate side due to a cartilage piercing on my other ear, so maybe I will go for my dominant arm this time. I have no plans for the weekend other than lounging around if I feel yucky, so won’t need to use my dominant arm for anything too important or taxing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2