liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Jane Austen fans- Sanditon finally getting a 2nd (and 3rd!) season!

Big Jane Austen fan here. For those of you who watched Sanditon on PBS, I just read they are making a second and third season. Woo! I really liked Sanditon but was sooo disappointed in the cliffhanger ending! Apparently they wrote it that way even knowing they hadn't been renewed for a second season (grrr). I wonder if the popularity of Bridgerton helped bring it back. On a sad note, Theo James will not return to reprise his role. I wonder how Charlotte's story turn out with Sidney out of the picture.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece...sons-2-and-3/#

Thank you for the news! I watched the first season and was disappointed by the ending too. I've heard that there was an online petition to bring the show back. Also sad to see Theo James not returning.

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

In other Jane Austen news, there is a movie remake of Persuasion in the works. With Dakota Johnson (I'm on the fence with that choice) and Henry Golding (yes!). But he's playing the cousin, not Captain Wentworth 🤷🏼

I had not heard of Sanditon, but it looks really good! I'll have to figure out how I can watch it. There are actually a lot of PBS shows I should watch.
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by keh602 View Post
    I had not heard of Sanditon, but it looks really good! I'll have to figure out how I can watch it. There are actually a lot of PBS shows I should watch.
    If you become a member of PBS (donation) you get access to their Passport program and can view PBS shows on demand.

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

duplicate