Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000470614752
    I Haven’t listened to this, but I wonder if this would be helpful for you.

I eat walnuts every day with my tea, and otherwise I don’t restrict healthy fats too much. I think that and protein helps. Eggs are so filling!

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    I worked with a registered dietitian/nutritionist recommended by my Primary Care doc in my hospital system. She had me do a breathing test called a metabolic rate analysis to determine my metabolic rate. The test told us exactly how many calories I metabolize during the day. The test actually came close to the same conclusion that MyFitnessPal app came to: 1200 calories per day for me to lose weight, 1400 calories per day to maintain without gaining.

When I eat between 1200-1400, and particularly when those calories are mainly fresh fruits and veggies and protein (in other words, few starches), I feel amazing. Lots of energy, no IBS, no stomach issues, almost no acne.
    I did that breathing test as well and got 1600-1800 to lose. That is exactly what the calorie apps tell me.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    I did that breathing test as well and got 1600-1800 to lose. That is exactly what the calorie apps tell me.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    It’s good to hear that the MyFitnessPal app was close for more than just me. Makes me feel like it could be pretty accurate.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    I’d love to hear more about what your typical lunch and dinner look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm basically the human garbage disposal for my house! I eat all the leftovers that nobody wants!

My mom has been IF for as long as I have and lives with me. She tends to be more hungry than me and like today, just came and told me she ate a snack at midnight last night because she was hungry. The difference between the two of us is she eats a much smaller lunch than I do and usually less dinner also. She likes typical breakfast and lunch foods, while I do not. She usually opens her window with eating a breakfast of eggs or a lunch with a half tuna or BLT sandwich with tomato soup, while I'm eating more of a dinner for lunch (I don't like eggs unless they're mixed with something else and don't eat sandwiches). So for lunch I usually have the TJ's Vegetable and Soba Noodle Stir Fry Kit to which I add 2 chopped up chicken breasts, a bunch of raw cashews, and extra veggies (snow peas and bok choy). I'll have a huge bowl (or 2) of that and it makes enough for 2.5 lunches. Other times for lunch I'll eat whatever leftovers we have if there's not enough for 5 people for dinner. I also really like a bowl I make with the frozen TJ's roasted potatoes, chorizo, spinach, and eggs (can't taste the eggs with all the chorizo). Yesterday I had the Kevin's Paleo Lemongrass chicken from Costco. Normally I'd have it over cauliflower rice, but I didn't have any so had it with regular rice. The sauce is coconut milk based so super fatty. Sometimes I make my own curry chicken with potatoes and carrots in the IP and eat that over cauliflower rice for days since I'm the only one in the house who likes curry. For dinner we've been getting Home Chef meals 3 times a week for 5 months now since I got so tired of coming up with meal ideas. Last night we had Baja fish tacos with a mayonnaise based slaw, tonight we're having mahi mahi with potato wedges and corn on the cob, other dinners recently have been steak with French onion mashed potatoes and broccolini, chicken piccata with angel hair pasta, Asian lettuce wraps, Greek style chicken thigh orzo, Italian sausage fettuccine with tomato herb cream sauce, herbs de provence chicken with glazed carrots, miso ginger shrimp with snow peas. We also have fruit at every dinner and a salad at most dinners as well. If I want a snack or dessert in my window I will sometimes have a bowl of keto granola with heavy cream.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I'm basically the human garbage disposal for my house! I eat all the leftovers that nobody wants!

My mom has been IF for as long as I have and lives with me. She tends to be more hungry than me and like today, just came and told me she ate a snack at midnight last night because she was hungry. The difference between the two of us is she eats a much smaller lunch than I do and usually less dinner also. She likes typical breakfast and lunch foods, while I do not. She usually opens her window with eating a breakfast of eggs or a lunch with a half tuna or BLT sandwich with tomato soup, while I'm eating more of a dinner for lunch (I don't like eggs unless they're mixed with something else and don't eat sandwiches). So for lunch I usually have the TJ's Vegetable and Soba Noodle Stir Fry Kit to which I add 2 chopped up chicken breasts, a bunch of raw cashews, and extra veggies (snow peas and bok choy). I'll have a huge bowl (or 2) of that and it makes enough for 2.5 lunches. Other times for lunch I'll eat whatever leftovers we have if there's not enough for 5 people for dinner. I also really like a bowl I make with the frozen TJ's roasted potatoes, chorizo, spinach, and eggs (can't taste the eggs with all the chorizo). Yesterday I had the Kevin's Paleo Lemongrass chicken from Costco. Normally I'd have it over cauliflower rice, but I didn't have any so had it with regular rice. The sauce is coconut milk based so super fatty. Sometimes I make my own curry chicken with potatoes and carrots in the IP and eat that over cauliflower rice for days since I'm the only one in the house who likes curry. For dinner we've been getting Home Chef meals 3 times a week for 5 months now since I got so tired of coming up with meal ideas. Last night we had Baja fish tacos with a mayonnaise based slaw, tonight we're having mahi mahi with potato wedges and corn on the cob, other dinners recently have been steak with French onion mashed potatoes and broccolini, chicken piccata with angel hair pasta, Asian lettuce wraps, Greek style chicken thigh orzo, Italian sausage fettuccine with tomato herb cream sauce, herbs de provence chicken with glazed carrots, miso ginger shrimp with snow peas. We also have fruit at every dinner and a salad at most dinners as well. If I want a snack or dessert in my window I will sometimes have a bowl of keto granola with heavy cream.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    I'm coming to your house for dinner! That all sounds so amazingly delicious!

Thanks for taking the time to share. That gives me some perspective.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000470614752
    I Haven’t listened to this, but I wonder if this would be helpful for you.

I eat walnuts every day with my tea, and otherwise I don’t restrict healthy fats too much. I think that and protein helps. Eggs are so filling!
    I'll check that out!
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    I'm coming to your house for dinner! That all sounds so amazingly delicious!

Thanks for taking the time to share. That gives me some perspective.
    I too eat a lot (until I'm full, and I've learned how to figure out when I'm full so I'm more in tune with my body) and don't count calories. If you eat too little in your window, that could backfire.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have been doing IF for about a year. I was really successful during the pandemic last spring, since I was stuck at home and it was so easy to be on a set schedule. For feeling hungry, the only thing that solves that for me is to sip on plain hot water. It's so soothing in my stomach! The hunger pangs go away instantly. I actually prefer it to tea. I also find that the earlier I stop eating the day before, the less hungry I feel in the morning. I also have to have protein and healthy fat when I open and close my window. I never do extended fasts. The longest fast I have done was 21 hours, but it wasn't intentional. I average 18- 19 hours. I like doing IF and it has had a positive effect on my blood work. For weight loss, I have found that I don't see any significant weight loss with any diet program, unless I eat salad with protein for 2 meals a day. It can't even be cooked vegetables. I love salad, but twice a day, every day gets tiresome and I can only keep it up for so long. So I yo-yo up and down. I'm very frustrated by it!

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Re: the vitamin D3 and probiotic, I'd try taking them when you open your window instead for a week or so just to see if it reduces the gnawing hunger. From what I've read many vitamins and supplements do cause an insulin response.

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    Re: the vitamin D3 and probiotic, I'd try taking them when you open your window instead for a week or so just to see if it reduces the gnawing hunger. From what I've read many vitamins and supplements do cause an insulin response.
    You know, I was wondering about this… It’s worth a shot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast