Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default So I returned a pair of shoes...

I bought a pair of LEMS with my Christmas money after reading rave reviews.(My feet are crazy picky). They just weren’t comfortable to me. I was a little nervous because I had read their return policy was pretty strict, but I figured it was better than being out the $80. I had only worn them around the house to try them out but they still looked like new, if not 100% pristine.

So I returned them with the included return label. I had not heard anything back in over a week so I emailed them. They said their system had timed out and they were sorry the return did not go through and they would reissue it. I immediately got an email confirmation of return. Earlier this week, the return showed up on my credit card statement as expected.

then today, I received the shoes in the mail with no note or any explanation. What in the world? Can they reverse my refund or did I just get free shoes (that I don’t like)?

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'd call them back to see what happened. I know there have been issues with Amazon issuing a refund only to then reverse it if the product doesn't arrive back properly. So, I have to assume that other retailers can do the same.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I agree. I would call. Was your credit card charged again for these shoes?
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    So they returned the shoes and returned my money, apparently in error. They told me to donate the shoes!
    Target did this to me over the holidays. I received a huge ride on toy tractor instead of a tshirt. They sent me the T-shirt and told me to donate the tractor.

Bombas did this when I tried to exchange some socks, they sent the new ones and said to donate the others. I guess at some point it's less expensive to do that than to deal with shipping and processing. Although ride on toy tractor instead of a t-shirt is incredible, you have to wonder where the error was in that one!
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by echoesofspring View Post
    Bombas did this when I tried to exchange some socks, they sent the new ones and said to donate the others. I guess at some point it's less expensive to do that than to deal with shipping and processing. Although ride on toy tractor instead of a t-shirt is incredible, you have to wonder where the error was in that one!
    I was floored when it arrived. My kids were too big for it but I had to call around to make sure it wasn’t a gift. I think they just mixed up the labels. The people who ordered the tractor must have been annoyed when they received my t-shirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You were honest and made every attempt to return them, I'd be inclined to resell on Mercari etc. You can donate obviously but don't feel bad about selling them. I had a double stroller that was sent to me, I ordered one and they sent me 2 separately. I called Baby Universe many times, waited once all day for ups to come get it (this was 15 years ago), they then said keep it. I took it to a consignment sale.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk