Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hbridge is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My DD is the same way. I just bought her a zip from (higher neck) tank suit, knowing that she will ALWAYS wear a rash guard and shorts with it.

If you check rei, they do have on piece short sleeve/shorts suits, but make sure your DD has enough support. A lot of the "rashguard" type suits have NO support, so while they cover, they are meant to be worn with regular suit underneath.

I also just ordered DD a long sleeve one piece from Title Nine. It was ridiculously expensive and has not arrived yet, but DD is excited to try it on.

We have had some luck with Lands End (but they are more "mom" styles) and Title Nine...

Good luck... you are not alone in your search!

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Would she be comfortable with a diving suit? For work, my DD would wear a rashguard and shorts over a diving suit (for her it was the cold, but is def modest)
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    My DD hates the regular style bottoms. When she was younger she wore just a swim shirt and bike shorts. Now we buy a bikini and she wears the top of that under the swim shirt. I still buy plain bike shorts though. They do not last as long as something made for chlorine, I don't think. But they tend to be a lot cheaper than swim bottoms, so we buy a couple pairs. And they are easier to find, although it looks like Lands' End has a lot more choices than typical.
    I just saw swim biker type shorts on Target's website at a very reasonable price. No idea what the quality is, but might be a shot for OP's daughter to try!

Thanks for all of the ideas! I ended up ordering from Lands End, Athleta, and Sierra trading post. I figured casting a wide net was the best approach. So far, we've gotten two from Athleta that she actually seems to really love. Of course, those are the most expensive, but if she is happy in a swimsuit it is worth every single penny spent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2