Default bathroom mirrors/lighting upgrade?

I've been trying to up my makeup game and in the process have gone from 'omg, how old I look!' to 'it's not me its the lightening in here!' Both of those things may be true, the 2nd seems easier to fix than the first. Anyone have any links/photos they'd like to share? Everything in our bathrooms is original contractor grade mirror, overhead lighting etc. so it seems like it a little change could go a long way. I'm also curious about mirrors with built in lightning.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Not wall mounted but when I was a kid my mom had this mirror and I thought it was awesome. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Conair-Tw...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't see mine on there anymore but I have a simplehuman sensor mirror that I use to do my makeup. I mean, I'm all for a bathroom makeover if you want, but I think this would help with the make up situation more

https://www.simplehuman.com/pages/se...RoCMsEQAvD_BwE
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

should clarify I do have a couple portable lighted mirrors I have started using for doing makeup, although I haven't found that they make much difference (they kept coming up on review sites but were a lot less expensive than the simple human one, maybe I should have just gone for that one) I do want to do the bathroom 'refresh'es - not just for me and my makeup, but also because the bathroom I've been using for my makeup is in my office/guest room and I realized this weekend that all those bad feelings I was having looking at myself in the mirror probably our guests (i.e. my mom) also have when they are visiting. And the mirror is just kind of gross when I started really looking at it, corrosion/discoloration at the top, etc.
    ~ Dawn

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I stayed at a holiday inn this past week, and it had a mirror like this in the bathroom that I just wanted to stare in for hours because I looked so much better

https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...2/product.html

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

I stayed at a holiday inn this past week, and it had a mirror like this in the bathroom that I just wanted to stare in for hours because I looked so much better

https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...2/product.html
    Thanks for this, I saw something similar to this yesterday on an interior designers facebook page when I was looking around and wondered how well they work. Do you remember if the bathroom had overhead lighting as well or if the lighting was just from the mirror?
    ~ Dawn

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by echoesofspring View Post
    Thanks for this, I saw something similar to this yesterday on an interior designers facebook page when I was looking around and wondered how well they work. Do you remember if the bathroom had overhead lighting as well or if the lighting was just from the mirror?
    There was a generic overhead light, but the lighted mirror provided so much light you didn't need the overhead on.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011