Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Party favors for kids?

We are participating in a muticultural event next weekend and would like to make gift bags for 40-50 kids around $3-5 per gift bag. I would hate to do dollar store junk and could do grab baskets with varying gifts to encompass a variety of kids ages. Anything that you would recommend? Board games on sale? Books? Toys on very much sale? Would love some ideas
    TIA
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I’m a fan of buying big sets of things and breaking them up. Like I got a good book of hidden pictures activity coloring sheets and I ripped them out of the book. Each kid got a few with a small pack of crayons. I displayed them in a cute way so it didn’t really look like I just was cheap. But if you look around, you’ll find lots of things that lend themselves to being separated and used.
    Uno fits your budget usually.
    I also recommend the Dollar Tree. They have good games (like packs of cards) for $1. That would add something substantial but not cost a lot. Then fill in with other stuff.
    $3-5 for an ice cream store gift card works too. I did those once and put them in a cake cone along with some candies. Tied them up in cellophane.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

For younger ages, you could do a set of watercolor paints.
    I think Dollar Tree has some good board books for preschool age also. Hot wheels cars are only $1.00 each.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Fun flavors of sugarless gum
    I agree with the small ice cream or frozen yogurt gift cards

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

I'm probably overthinking it, but what exactly is the age range and will you be able to separate the bags by age? If not, I like the idea of the small ice cream or yogurt gift cards to a place that's fairly accessible. And if there is money left over, I like the idea of card games from the Dollar Store. I would try to avoid toys/books if kids are 10 and older and there's no way to organize the bags by age.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thank you all!
    In lieu of gift bags, I was just going to do a large basket with various gifts and have the kids pick so that they could pick age appropriate? There is a large age range of kids there. Please keep the suggestions coming if you have any others and also any links if you have them
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Is something like this too junky? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086SBJCN9...0-2aa827c6cd7e. We have some of these things floating around our house and my boys love them for fidget toys. If you search Amazon for small prize toys, there are different packs. Some have Rubik’s cubes, magnets, spinners, etc.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Some things my kid has liked over the years:

Mood Rings
    Rubik's cube type puzzles
    Small stuffed animals
    Fidgits
    Really cool erasers (like the Jumbo eraser)
    Mini-Microscope
    Jewelers Loop
    Small rolling pin

Lots of cools stuff out there...

The fidget toys seem to be really big for my 4th grader. My 6th grader even grabs hers occasionally. We gave a few poppits to my 3.5 yo niece last weekend and she was thrilled with them. You can get large sets on Amazon for very reasonable prices. Other ideas:

Uno cards
    Lip gloss
    Hair scrunchies
    Bath bombs
    Small foam or inflatable balls (my boys are always throwing those around)
    Stress balls
    Earbuds (sometimes I see them under $5 at Target)
    Slime
    Fun pens/pencils
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

bubbles!
    sidewalk chalk
    Bookmarks are cheap and useful - and get kids reading. Many options to buy lots (groups) for 8-10 bucks on Amazon.
    flower/plant seeds
    inflatable beach balls
    pinwheels

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast