Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Birthday gift-- 12 yr old boy

I need gift ideas for a 12 yr old boy that I don't know super well. The times he has been at my house he has only been interested un playing minecraft or roblox. I also know he plays soccer competitively. Other than that, I don't know what he's into.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have a 12 yo Minecraft-loving boy. His favorite gifts this year have been cash (not very exciting to us, but a friend gave him dollar bills folded into origami and he loved it and also loved spending the cash on whatever he wanted), nerf guns, ice cream gift cards, hoodies, new earbuds (not even expensive ones), and graphic novels.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Eta- Roblox gift cards are also very popular gifts among his friends

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    I have a 12 yo Minecraft-loving boy. His favorite gifts this year have been cash (not very exciting to us, but a friend gave him dollar bills folded into origami and he loved it and also loved spending the cash on whatever he wanted), nerf guns, ice cream gift cards, hoodies, new earbuds (not even expensive ones), and graphic novels.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Eta- Roblox gift cards are also very popular gifts among his friends
    Oh, yes, I was wondering if you can buy Roblox gift cards! That’s a great idea. I bet he would like Nerf stuff too.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Giftcard to Dicks Sporting Goods or somewhere else he can buy soccer related gear?
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

My competitive soccer playing 12 yo likes cash and Dicks Sporting Goods cards. Last month, he pooled his cards and bought 3 new soccer balls. He'd also appreciate xBox gift cards. Frequently, I buy a cheap plastic Gatorade waterbottle, some of the sports energy bites and stick a gift card for DSG in it for tween/teen boys gifts. We can always use another waterbottle and it feels more personal than only a card.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

My 12yo loves many of the same things. You could get him a gaming-related gift like:
    - Roblox gift card
    - Gift card for whatever gaming system he uses (if any), or maybe a soccer game like Fifa for whatever system he uses
    - Gaming related apparel (my kid loves tshirts like these: https://www.zazzle.com/level_12_unlo...32544632355561
    Mom to Mr. Sunshine 9/08
    and Miss Happiness 3/11

Agree with the above. This is my 11.5-year-old except he plays Fortnite and AAU basketball.

Cash
    PlayStation/Xbox gift cards (even just $10)
    Maybe some sort of a "dry fit" athletic tee. My kid lives in Nike, Under Armour and adidas shirts.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My DS2 will be 12 this month and loves cash! I've done a pizza made of cash before and different puzzles boxes that they have to figure out how to open to get to the cash. He also likes Playstation and Amazon gift cards. On his birthday wish list this year he just had a bunch of gaming stuff-- new headset, keyboard, mouse, etc.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'd agree with cash or gift cards. Most of the 10-18 year olds in my life love to get Target or Amazon gift cards. If you know for sure what game systems he has, then I'd say that's a safe bet. (Don't want to get XBox cards if he only has a Switch, etc.) Otherwise, a $10 or $20 bill is well loved.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)