Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Keypad door locks....update #9

Found another thread from a year ago that had some good options, but thought I would ask again because there are new options and those who have them have had them a year longer.

Would prefer the push button vs. the touch screen. I also need to figure out if I want wifi enabled as that is another added cost, but it would be a nice added security feature, but wonder if it is really necessary.

Reviews on Amazon, and Costco seem to be mixed. The biggest complaint is that the batteries seem to drain frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 05-14-2021 at 12:56 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Ours is a keypad type. Schlage brand. We’ve had it not quite 2 yrs. we switched the batteries once so far. We are probably due for it to start beeping. It was just over a year the first time. I love it and want to get one for the other exterior door
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have both button and touch screen. We've had them for years now. I think we might have changed the batteries once or twice over the years? Batteries lasted longer than we thought. All schlage brand. The push button look brand new but the area around the touch screen version (more decorative, front door with long handle) looks really worn and faded. Still works fine though, so not going to replace it. We do not have the wifi capable options. The front door touch screen version self locks after 30 second. We have the push button on our mudroom and that is set to always lock. Our garage door push button, you need to manually lock. We have an alarm system hooked up on those doors, so the wifi seemed like overkill for us.
    Last edited by liz; 05-11-2021 at 03:11 PM.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We love our non electronic Schlage!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    We love our non electronic Schlage!

Which one and you decided not to go with an electronic one, and why? Just curious.

Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've had this Schlage Connect for several years now. I used to have it connected to a Wink hub so I could use it with my phone but I got rid of the hub and therefore lost the smart features (which I don't miss at all and rarely used). We all LOVE it!

We use rechargeable batteries and probably change them once a year (it beeps when they're low).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KQPQMXS...1017DE60GABX4E

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

I have two of the Schlage locks and love them. I replace the battery once a year. If you get the ones that you manually turn the deadbolt, instead of the deadbolt mechanically retracting, the batter lasts significantly longer. I would go as low tech as possible with locks. Mine are going on 10 years!

I have friends that have the flat almost electronic buttons and it’s not as nice as my older locks. Mine are so much more sturdy.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Which one and you decided not to go with an electronic one, and why? Just curious.

Just wanted simple. I didn’t love the idea of a stolen phone could open a door (is that a crazy thought?).

Default Keypad door locks....update #9

Thank you everyone!

I ended up deciding on the Schlage Camelot basic touch pad lock. I decided that for the amount we use our front door (which honestly when coming home isn’t often because we usually come through our garage) that I didn’t see the need for a true smart lock and spend $100-$150 more. I also realized that I didn’t really need the auto lock feature. I do like the idea of the ability to set different codes for different people (especially when we have construction work done and we aren’t able to be home and then we can cancel the codes as soon as we return). Also such a great point about potentially losing a cell phone (although probably rare) and someone being able to find your house by using the app. .

Last edited by AnnieW625; 05-14-2021 at 08:35 AM.
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

mom_hanna is online now Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have the Camelot and love it. We didn't need auto locking or anything "Smart" and have only just changed the battery for the first time since December 2018.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast