Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Keypad door locks....update #9

You’ll love the keypad lock. DH hates having to get key out to unlock the door when he comes home. When we renovated he wanted a keypad lock on both the front and back door. I thought it was a waste of money. I was wrong. I love not fishing out my keys when I get home. Ours isn’t smart anything, and has buttons, no touch screen. DH said he doesn’t replace the battery very often. Friends have a code as does neighbor who feeds our cat if we’re out of town.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 05-16-2021 at 02:32 AM.

I'm sure I have an actual key somewhere, but I have no idea where it might be. We have Schlage on the front door, back door, and garage door.. the other doors are just regular handles with locks, but not smart locks. I am a HUGE fan. we have the tough-screen type on the front door, and the push button on the back and garage doors. I think I have changed the battery on one of them in the past 2-3 years.

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have a non-electronic schlage on our shop building. We love it. We know it's always locked without having to carry keys around the property. We went with the non-electronic version mostly because of how much it is exposed to weather because of it's location. We were also able to let a vendor/repair person (I love our handyWOMAN!) leave us items there without having to give them access to the house.

Got the idea from a former neighbor who has one on their wellhouse - UPS can leave packages there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2