Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I told fully vaccinated DC that they need to wear a mask inside anywhere regardless of any current mandate or store rule. Outside, DC is to use their judgement. As for school, DC is to follow whatever regulations the school sets (however, it is a very small private school who follows the science, ect.).

We ran errands today and everyone was masked, except on man who came down a set of stairs while we were at an "honor system" farm stand. He was not masked, but, while it was indoors, there was an adequate air flow and he proudly declared he was vaccinated from about 8 feet away. Since we are also all vaccinate, I am not worried.

I am amazed that the CDC would declare ANY CHANGES until the entire population (at least those over 2 y. o.) at least had the chance to be vaccinated!!!

My biggest concern are the kids who remain unvaccinated because one (or both) parents won't sign off on it. There are a few divorced families around here who cannot agree. It will be interesting to see what the courts have to say when a case comes before them.

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    And in my state the general public only qualified to get the vaccine a little over 3 weeks ago so there are still many adults, in addition to those under 15 that are not fully protected yet.
    Yes, this is the crazy part of the timing to me. If they’d gone six weeks post April 19 when the vaccine generally became available to those 16+ that seems easier to reason. With the approval of the 12+ vaccine falling so soon giving five or six weeks for that population to be protected seems wise as well. That would still have the mask mandates loosening before this ridiculous, artificial July 4 deadline.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    And in my state the general public only qualified to get the vaccine a little over 3 weeks ago so there are still many adults, in addition to those under 15 that are not fully protected yet.
    Yes, in CA 16+ only became eligible on April 15th and I got my first dose of Pfizer April 17th (because my J&J on April 15th was canceled). I still have exactly one week to go before I'm 2 weeks past my 2nd dose and I know a lot of adults out here in the same position. Looks like CA is keeping a mask mandate until June 15th though which is good and will get us through the rest of the school year.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

doberbrat is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marymoo86 View Post
    This our normal - no colds, viruses, etc. I credit diet and exercise.路

I'm glad for you.

You do realize that not everyone has the same access to diet and an opportunity for safe exercise right? Additionally my 2 children have mostly the same diet and opportunity for exercise and sleep. One has barely ever had a cold. The other has had multiple colds/viruses that turned into pneumonia and required hospitalizations. This year was the FIRST year ever in her life that she didnt have to get rushed to urgent care because she couldnt breathe . No change in diet or outside time - the difference was masks and not catching a bunch of stuff at school.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Yes, in CA 16+ only became eligible on April 15th and I got my first dose of Pfizer April 17th (because my J&J on April 15th was canceled). I still have exactly one week to go before I'm 2 weeks past my 2nd dose and I know a lot of adults out here in the same position. Looks like CA is keeping a mask mandate until June 15th though which is good and will get us through the rest of the school year.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Yes, my 41 year old husband got his first Moderna dose the week he became eligible here, but only got his second dose yesterday. I appreciate the science, but I think they left out the “real world behavior” element and should have waited another month. I was fine with the no masks outside for vaccinated people part (possible exceptions for very crowded situations like outdoor concerts)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10