Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This is the worst news I’ve heard all day. My kids are too young to be vaccinated. Now people who are not vaccinated (and most likely covid deniers) will be out and about without masks. My son is high risk, so we’ve kept him sheltered, but I was hoping this summer might be a bit better. Now without all the non vaccinated non mask wearers out there, we will have to keep him home and continue to be cautious. It really sucks!

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    This is the worst news I’ve heard all day. My kids are too young to be vaccinated. Now people who are not vaccinated (and most likely covid deniers) will be out and about without masks. My son is high risk, so we’ve kept him sheltered, but I was hoping this summer might be a bit better. Now without all the non vaccinated non mask wearers out there, we will have to keep him home and continue to be cautious. It really sucks!
    These are my feelings exactly. We spent last summer at home and I was really hoping we could get out to explore in our area this summer with numbers declining. It’s not looking hopeful now.

Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Latest conspiracy theory I heard is vaccinated people are releasing “dangerous” vaccine particles so now some anti maskers want to wear masks to protect from that.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    OMG!!! Now I've really heard everything! Well, if it'll get them to mask up..
    I too think the anti maskers will forego all masks while the cautious vaccinated folks will wear them, at least indoors. I honestly can't imagine not wearing them indoors, not with potential variants circulating! I like the idea of individual states saying, get 70% vaccinated first. I think Cuomo and Newsome are under a lot of political pressure to relax their mandates.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm really not pleased with the CDC on this one, I think it was really premature. Yes, the CDC makes recommendations based on science, but what they seem to really suck at is realizing that the general public doesn't understand the science (and/or don't care and will take and inch and run a mile).

Public policies need to be consistent and simple.

I feel really bad for parents with kids not old enough to be vaccinated, those who are high risk and can't get vaccinated, and those who haven't yet been able to get vaccinated. Because we all know what will happen. Unvaccinated people will totally take off their masks.

And if the CDC was hoping to encourage vaccinations with these new guidelines, SUPER FAIL. "I don't want to wear a mask" is not the reason for why people won't get vaccinated. Omg.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 05-13-2021 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    OMG!!! Now I've really heard everything! Well, if it'll get them to mask up..
    I too think the anti maskers will forego all masks while the cautious vaccinated folks will wear them, at least indoors. I honestly can't imagine not wearing them indoors, not with potential variants circulating! I like the idea of individual states saying, get 70% vaccinated first. I think Cuomo and Newsome are under a lot of political pressure to relax their mandates.
    I have another one just as good. I was reading an anti-vax thread on FB from a friend. The discussion was about how the vaccine can mess with your fertility.
    Girl A: yeah, my cycles have been so messed up the past couple of months.
    Girl B: did you get the vaccine?
    Girl A: no, but I’ve been around a lot of people who have
    Girl B: my cycles have been messed up lately too, and I also didn’t get the vaccine, and I’ve been around a lot people who have
    Girl A: it really makes you wonder…

DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

ellies mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I have another one just as good. I was reading an anti-vax thread on FB from a friend. The discussion was about how the vaccine can mess with your fertility.
    Girl B: my cycles have been messed up lately too, and I also didn’t get the vaccine, and I’ve been around a lot people who have

I just can’t even with all of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post

Like she said, it really makes you wonder..
    this is why it is so important to prioritize critical thinking skills 🙄🙄🙄

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I’m glad I’m not the only one upset about the mask issue. To top it off, our governor announced the day before that he’s lifting the mask mandate in June 2. This really
    Upsets me because now I don’t feel safe sending my kids who can’t get vaccinated to things like 4H where they were once all masked and spaced apart and are now going to be all clumped together with no masks in a small room. My only hope is they still follow CDC guidelines because at least then most of the kids have to be masked.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    Yeah. It’s all about the kids. Since all adults can now get the vaccine I’m less worried about them. But the kids cannot get the vaccines they’re at the mercy of adults to do the right thing and I don’t have a lot of faith in a large component of the population right now.

Like you, we hoping we’d be able to let them do more this summer than last but now?? I’m not so sure. Though neither of my littles have any high risk factors.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Latest conspiracy theory I heard is vaccinated people are releasing “dangerous” vaccine particles so now some anti maskers want to wear masks to protect from that.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    But wait...I thought we weren’t “supposed to live in fear”, lol! I just can’t get over this one!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast