Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

I’m somewhat surprised by Trader Joe’s and Costco as well. I did see that Target, Home Depot and Kroger — and by extension Harris Teeter for those of us in North Carolina — plan to keep a mandate for now.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    I’m somewhat surprised by Trader Joe’s and Costco as well. I did see that Target, Home Depot and Kroger — and by extension Harris Teeter for those of us in North Carolina — plan to keep a mandate for now.
    Well, I shop at Target and HT weekly so that helps until they bend to the inevitable anti-mask pressure. If TJs and Costco aren't too busy, I think I will be comfortable there masked but I won't take my unvaccinated kids.

We probably went through 10 tissues this winter instead of boxes. No bad colds, no nasty viruses and I credit masks. It was so nice while it lasted
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I was at Target 2 hours ago and there was still a sign out saying masks are required.

Our Trader Joe’s hasn’t bagged your own grocery bags since maybe mid October, 2020 (even after the state said grocery stores could charge for bags again) so at TJ’s you either bag all of your groceries outside on a table (you can’t even bag them at the checkout stand using your own bags) or you pay .10 for a bag and have a checker bag your groceries. I would honestly be surprised if they continued that and let people not wear masks. My TJ’s shopping has gone down from once weekly to about once a month because it is a pain to bag so many groceries
    especially when the weather is bad. I just googled “Trader Joe’s Covid 19” and there is nothing on their webpage now so they must be updating it.

I just found this from a Washington TV station and I looks like Target will keep it’s mask policy; same with Home Depot, and Kroger stores.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kar...4-93535881f9df

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    Well, I shop at Target and HT weekly so that helps until they bend to the inevitable anti-mask pressure. If TJs and Costco aren't too busy, I think I will be comfortable there masked but I won't take my unvaccinated kids.

We probably went through 10 tissues this winter instead of boxes. No bad colds, no nasty viruses and I credit masks. It was so nice while it lasted
    This our normal - no colds, viruses, etc. I credit diet and exercise.🤷

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marymoo86 View Post
    This our normal - no colds, viruses, etc. I credit diet and exercise.🤷
    You do realize that’s incredible insulting to people who get sick, right? That’s the whole blame the victim mentality. Also I can 100% assure you there are plenty of people who diet and exercise and get sick. Your comment is flippant and disrespectful. You constantly weigh in with this stuff where you insist your way of living magically protects you. I don’t understand what kind of person insists on doing this again and again. We have people here who family members have died. I’ve watched otherwise healthy people have tortured, long recoveries from Covid. You comments are insensitive and self serving.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would imagine where I shop mostly, Meijer, will remain mask required for entry. They have had safety info broadcasting over the speakers since the beginning, with doctors giving advice on covid safety. They have been very good at cleaning carts all along, the wipes containers are always full etc. They are very also out of Michigan which has been stricter than other places.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My governor announced today he wants to wait till we reach 75% herd immunity before removing the masks mandate inside public buildings. I think we’re just at 45% herd immunity, maybe 40 percent, and people aren’t lining up to get their vaccines despite many mega sites open for walk ins now.

So not sure how that’ll work with local guides, like target and TJ which I’m very disappointed. My kids are under 12, so it’ll be a good while for them to continue wearing masks and they still have 5 weeks of school left. I’m thankful for our health department who is insisting schools still need to wear masks.

All this whiplash from the CDC isn’t helping us to fight the misinformation from anti vax crowed. So it really makes me wonder whether end game is political now, and who gets to decide the benchmarks? What kind of benchmarks do we need to see ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ugh. I know that in a month's time my whole family will be fully vaxed, but I really feel for those of you with kids younger than 12 who can't get vaccinated. This policy just makes no sense to me, they had to have known that people would take advantage of it since there is no easy way to verify if people are vaccinated other than asking to see their vaccine card (and then there are all the stories of fake cards). And why now, before school is out and before a holiday? Why when our vaccine rates are still pretty low? I just want to avoid public places for the next month because i know that people will see this as a free ticket to not wear masks, regardless of vaccination status. My main shopping takes place at Target (glad to see they are continuing their Covid policies, at least for now), Sam's Club (guess I will just continue to do curbside pick up there), and Aldi (haven't heard if they are changing their masking policy yet).

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I've seen Meijer and Kroger are keeping masks. Those are the local stores we are at. I'm glad.

I also heard on the radio that GM and Stellantis are keeping masking policies in place for auto workers. I don't know about Ford. But I am glad some of the bigger companies are continuing to do so until the rates go up.

We have a month of school left and I hope they keep it in place. DS1 got his the 2nd day 16+ could get them here and he just got to fully vaccinated this week. So I am sure there are not many kids who can be at fully vaccinated yet. At this point, they've gone the whole year in masks. Let's let them finish the school year in person and not out on quarantine or sick.
    Kris

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    Trader Joe’s and Walmart are dropping their mask mandates. Guess I won’t be shopping at either of those places. Without requiring proof of vaccination, this is a free for all.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    I am a big Trader Joe's fan and am almost dependent on them for some of the foods we eat, but won't be going there for a while now.
    Quote Originally Posted by wencit View Post
    I'm super bummed to hear about Trader Joe's dropping their mask policy!
    If the state/county has a mask mandate still, then Trader Joe's and other stores will continue requiring masks. CA has an indoor mask mandate so our Trader Joe's will continue to do so as well.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast