Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    If the state/county has a mask mandate still, then Trader Joe's and other stores will continue requiring masks. CA has an indoor mask mandate so our Trader Joe's will continue to do so as well.
    It looks like Oregon will be dropping their mask mandate. It's a little unclear but the governor had said she will comply with the CDC guidance, but businesses will have the right to make their own decisions. Our health authority is supposed to be coming out with their own guidance soon, so not sure there is any chance this would differ from the governor's. Our governor has been super strict, but taken so much flack for it and too many in this state will just not comply anyway.
    Last edited by JustMe; 05-15-2021 at 02:25 PM.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marymoo86 View Post
    This our normal - no colds, viruses, etc. I credit diet and exercise.🤷
    I credit genetics and mine suck.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Just to be clear no one is forcing you to go without a mask. If you feel more comfortable wearing one you should continue. I’m elated to ditch the masks. My state has been more open than most today hair salon maskless ( but it’s been that way for 6 months) ulta masks Walmart maskless Marshalls masks my Amish market has never required them. It’s
    Last edited by JBaxter; 05-15-2021 at 03:05 PM.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    Just to be clear no one is forcing you to go without a mask. If you feel more comfortable wearing one you should continue. I’m elated to ditch the masks. My state has been more open than most today hair salon maskless ( but it’s been that way for 6 months) ulta masks Walmart maskless Marshalls masks my Amish market has never required them. It’s
    But that's not the point. "My mask protects you, your mask protects me". So, kids (and adults) can wear masks all they want but if some adult around them is unmasked and unvaccinated then that puts the kiddo at risk.

I’m okay with the mask mandates being dropped. From what I understand (and I could be completely wrong and am open to being corrected), if I’m fully vaxxed, I’m protected even if I’m exposed to Covid by someone who doesn’t wear a mask and isn’t vaccinated. So, if I’m vaccinated, I shouldn’t really have to worry too much about exposure. If I do get sick, it will be a very mild case.

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

this was supposed to quote ehmom, above.
    Yes that's true. But there are a while lot of kids under 12 who are not eligible for vaccines yet. There are people with health issues that make the vaccines unsafe for them. There are low income people who haven't had an opportunity to get vaccinated yet. Those people have to rely on their community, the herd immunity, which we just can't get to because of people that don't want to.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    Yes that's true. But there are a while lot of kids under 12 who are not eligible for vaccines yet. There are people with health issues that make the vaccines unsafe for them. There are low income people who haven't had an opportunity to get vaccinated yet. Those people have to rely on their community, the herd immunity, which we just can't get to because of people that don't want to.

Also, add the 12-15 year olds. They are now eligible to get vaccinated, but won't be fully vaccinated until at least 5 weeks (or so) from now.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post

Yep. The kids are my concern. At this point zero children under 16 are protected.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ehmom View Post
    I’m okay with the mask mandates being dropped. From what I understand (and I could be completely wrong and am open to being corrected), if I’m fully vaxxed, I’m protected even if I’m exposed to Covid by someone who doesn’t wear a mask and isn’t vaccinated. So, if I’m vaccinated, I shouldn’t really have to worry too much about exposure. If I do get sick, it will be a very mild case.
    Right. So no one under 15 is currently protected because they don't have the choice to protect themselves. Obviously 12-15 year olds will get there, but not for at least 5 weeks and that's only if you got an appointment right away.

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Right. So no one under 15 is currently protected because they don't have the choice to protect themselves. Obviously 12-15 year olds will get there, but not for at least 5 weeks and that's only if you got an appointment right away.
    And in my state the general public only qualified to get the vaccine a little over 3 weeks ago so there are still many adults, in addition to those under 15 that are not fully protected yet.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast