Thread: Oregon coast

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Oregon coast

Does anyone have ideas for what to see and where to stay on the Oregon coast? This is for a road trip from CA-we have older kids. We would go up 5 and switch to 101 on the Oregon coast and come down via Portland on 5.
    I think we will have 8-9 days.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Does anyone have ideas for what to see and where to stay on the Oregon coast? This is for a road trip from CA-we have older kids. We would go up 5 and switch to 101 on the Oregon coast and come down via Portland on 5.
    I think we will have 8-9 days.
    I know you will get responses from those with first hand knowledge but there is also a lot of good information on the Trip Advisor forums. I looked into it for this summer (we ultimately decided on rafting in Idaho) and from my initial research many areas are booked and beach areas generally have minimum stays. So if you are planning for this summer book hotels/lodging ASAP.

Thanks for the heads up!! I looked at some forums last night. I'll look again there.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Cannon Beach is great (Ecola State Park and Oswald State Park are amazing). We did a full week vacation there several years back and had a great time. Years and years ago DH and I drove from the Bay Area to Washington and we spent nights in Yachats, which was a cute little town and we found a B&B right on the bluff with a hot tub, and in Bandon.

Thanks! I will add to the list!

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Following - we're driving from Seattle to SF over the winter holidays. Totally the worst time of year, from what I gather, but we do love watching a good storm roll in.

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Cannon Beach is one of my fav places in the country. But look at lodging now - think much of the summer is booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    Following - we're driving from Seattle to SF over the winter holidays. Totally the worst time of year, from what I gather, but we do love watching a good storm roll in.
    We did that drive in late October and we got lucky with two amazing storms while on the Oregon coast - nothing like watching them roll in from a cozy spot on the bluff!