Default Thoughtful Gift Ideas Help

A friend is going through a tough time medically. She's had several life-threatening diagnoses in the last 6 months and is looking at another hospital admission next week for a procedure and potential tough diagnosis. I've known her for about 3 years as a mom-friend but we've gotten closer over the last year.

I'm planning to help out however she and her family need with food and running kids but I want to get her a little something to brighten her day and let her know I'm thinking about her. The challenge is that I want to give it tomorrow when I see her. I've thought about some pretty cut flowers but is there something better? It's a token gift but don't want it to be junk. Any ideas?
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I’ve done a basket or gift bag with a couple little things in similar situations- a mix of items like lip balm and unscented hand lotion (for dry hospitals), a nice pen and pretty notebook or pad (for taking notes or making lists), something fun to read or do (book, magazine, puzzle book, adult coloring stuff), a nice water bottle and/or a a fabric rice/corn bag that you can make hot or cold. Or if you wanted to go the flowers route, sometimes I do a plant or succulent instead so it lasts longer.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I like pp idea of a basket, but I also really like flowers and a handwritten card. Maybe you could include a favorite book of yours?

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I might be too late on this thread but I agree with a basket of little fun things. A small Aveda shampoo for the hospital. Fun socks (like those ones that say F this sh*t), a pretty journal AND a Pilot pen, a card, her favorite candy, unscented natural lip balm (even just aquaphor), a soft cotton throw, etc. A book is an awesome idea if you know she likes to read and has talked about wanting to read something specific!!