Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Cross post: Oregon coast

Does anyone have ideas for what to see and where to stay on the Oregon coast? This is for a road trip from CA-we have older/young adult (!) kids. We would go up 5 and switch to 101 on the Oregon coast and come down via Portland on 5.
    I think we will have 8-9 days.
    Last edited by Globetrotter; 05-14-2021 at 03:56 PM.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Some great areas to visit are Tillamook (where you might want to visit the Tillamook creamery if they are open https://traveloregon.com/things-to-d...mook-creamery/), Seaside (lots of fun kids activities), Newport (has an aquarium, not sure if they are opened). I hear good things about Astoria but have not been there.. Florence has a nice town and is fun to visit, but not sure if you are coming down that far. I like this website for some more detailed info https://traveloregon.com/things-to-d...-oregon-coast/

I can't really help with places to stay.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Our kids absolutely loved Cannon Beach. I don't know if we got lucky, but we were there when there were barely any people which made it super majestic. It was chilly (I think we were there in July), and too cold to go into the water, but not too cold to get your pants legs wet and just enjoy the beauty. We even found squeaky sand there! Lots of shops/restaurants to walk around in that area. Our kids could've stayed forever but we had an agenda and headed down to Tillamook creamery next which was fun. Check hours...and note that over a weekend there may not be that much activity in the creamery in terms of watching people work.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks for the ideas! I'm looking at that website now. I think we will have five days to travel up the Oregon coast, and per google maps it will take around 10 hours to drive from Brookings to Astoria. So with traffic let's say 13 hours?? If it makes sense, I'm thinking we will stay in 3 places along the way so we don't have to keep moving every night.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis