Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Covid Vaccine is kicking my ass....

Day five after shot, and still exhausted and miserable. Body & joint aches, upset stomach, headache. Arm so sore I can't hardly move it. Day one was fever of nearly 104 and chills so bad that it made my jaw joints ache because my teeth were chattering so hard! I feel better than day one, fever lasted 16 hours or so. But now I've had four days of still feeling like crap with no real improvement. I do hope it gets better - I have appt Wednesday to get DS his first shot, and now he doesn't really want to anymore since I'm having such a hard time.

ETA: I got J&J; and good thing because I have no desire to do this again!

I am also 6weeks post-op hysterectomy. That may have something to do with how hard it hit, though I was told it shouldn't. (Surgeon said to wait 6 weeks if possible for shot; didn't want to confuse surgery issues with vaccine ones. I wasn't eligible before surgery.)
    Last edited by Kestrel; 05-14-2021 at 11:27 PM.

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Oh no! I'm so sorry. Also scared because my 2nd shot is tomorrow....

Is it your 2nd?
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

what brand did you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Is it at all possible you might have already had Covid? I read that people who've already been infected have a really strong immune response when they get vaccinated.

I hope you feel better soon!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

I'm sorry. My colleague bhad to go to the hospital bwiyh a suspected heart attack after hers.

I have read folks with asthma tend to have a particularly nhard time.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Hopefully you will be on the upside of it soon!

I had pfizer, and my second dose knocked me out for a good 5 days. Thankfully we were full on distance learning, as there is no way I would have been able to physically go to work. I was at least able to drag myself to my computer and make it through the 3 hour session with some extra breaks.

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wencit View Post
    Is it at all possible you might have already had Covid? I read that people who've already been infected have a really strong immune response when they get vaccinated.

I hope you feel better soon!
    I’ve heard this too. Feel better.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You might consider getting tested for Covid. We had a friend get sick with Covid at the time of his shot. He was miserable like you describe. It wasn’t the side effects, it was the actual illness.

I'm sorry and hope you feel better! I had one friend with near identical issues and a scary high fever, but she was better by day 5 and pretty back to normal after a full week. (2nd Pfizer for her.) I've also known an acquaintance who, like pp said, had covid unknowingly just as he was getting the vaccine so that is a possibility, but really, I think the side effects are just rough for some people and we do not yet know why or how. For most people it's less than two days, but doesn't seem to be entirely uncommon for it to be a week for others.

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

So Kestrel--- given your pretty nasty experience, would you be willing to get the vaccine every year aince that's likely what the standard will become?
    Of course I hope they can keep working on it and understanding it better but I know several people who have only had mild symptoms and say never again.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast