Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I had J&J and felt horrible from hour 10 to hour 30 post vaccination, but then had a horrendous headache through day 6! From what I read, the thought is to give it a week post vaccination before calling the doctor (sounds insane to me)! I would say if you are stilling feeling awful tomorrow to call. You did the RIGHT thing and your DC will be okay. My teen felt "off" from about hour 6 to hour 24 post 1st shot and did not feel great the day after the second (with a slight fever).

It is so hard to feel horrible after something that is supposed to make you feel better!

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

OP here. doing much better today. Shot was Monday, it's Sunday so a full week.

Still tired; but Dr said that's probably post-op anemia and overdoing it some. It was a long road to surgery; it may take a full year to be 100%.

I hope my hard time won't repeat; though it's possible. Would I take a booster? Probably not this year (before year's end), unless my recovery is faster than it has been. But overall, yes, I would. Protecting high-risk DH and DS is worth it.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh my gosh! I'm glad you're feeling better. That sounds awful. These shots are no joke. They're wonderful because of the protection that they confer, but they are not fun!

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Just seeing this now. Oh my gosh, I am so sorry! Are you feeling any better?
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Thanks for asking... yep, all better except the fatigue, which is expected after my surgery and how anemic I am. (working on the iron/D levels now.)

DS did in fact get vaccinated; had a day of feeling "icky" and a sore arm for a couple days, no big deal.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    Thanks for asking... yep, all better except the fatigue, which is expected after my surgery and how anemic I am. (working on the iron/D levels now.)

DS did in fact get vaccinated; had a day of feeling "icky" and a sore arm for a couple days, no big deal.
    Just reading this now. I'm so glad you are feeling better and your DS didn't have much of a bad reaction. I suspect this fall we will be getting boosters and flu shots (I've read doctors expect a strong flu comeback because the flu season was light this year and no one is wearing masks anymore. )
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

I wonder about the flu season, too... My understanding is that they use (in part) the prior year's flu bugs to decide what strains the next year's vaccine contains. So with a light flu season, what strains are going to be big next year?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2