Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default So pissed at the CDC

I’m so pissed at the CDC’s new crap guidance. As a result our state said no one needs to wear masks indoors anymore and no one needs to quarantine if exposed to covid. And I just got an email from our district that masks are optional starting Monday and kids don’t need to quarantine if they were exposed (no masks). So a kid can be exposed to covid at school and show up the next day without a mask and it’s all fine. What the F?!?!?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by georgiegirl; 05-15-2021 at 06:33 AM.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It does seem like the new guidelines came out of left field. Our blue state, Illinois, has been much more restricted than you guys, and they still have a mask mandate here. My conspiracy friends feel it is to take focus of of something else the government has cooking up!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I’m so pissed at the CDC’s new crap guidance. As a result our state said no one needs to wear masks indoors anymore and no one needs to quarantine if exposed to covid. And I just got an email from our district that masks are optional starting Monday and kids don’t need to quarantine if they were exposed (no masks). What the F?!?!?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You and me both sister! I am so upset. But I also think that the CDC said no masks for fully vaccinated people in most situations, so I think states and schools are not hearing that part of it.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Since when do people understand rules and nuance? After a year of this, I think we should have known by now that it would be a free for all in areas like OPs. So sorry to hear that..

I am sorry. I am expecting an email the day after DS2 gets out of 'modified' quarantine next week- after missing a week of soccer and swimming because unlike most in our area we are following the quarantine rules- that our schools will decide not to quarantine anymore for the remainder of the year. They say they will require masks still but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Can someone please start a petition to require masks still for unvaccinated kids? I've had like 3 "friends" on FB share them already including one that's a former teacher and one that works in healthcare so that's great.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

PZMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Me too! My kids are too young to be vaccinated, and now we will have to spend another summer stuck at home, because my youngest is high risk, and too many idiots will go out unmasked and unvaxed. The CDC said fully vaxed can go without masks, but states didn't hear that part. There is no way to tell who is vaxed or not, and many of the no vaxers are also no maskers.

My state is keeping the mask mandate until June 15th. (not sure why that date). The schools have to keep the mask mandate as it is part of the teacher contract, and if the district were to drop it, teachers would be allowed to no longer show up to work due to safety concerns. I'm pretty sure elem schools may still be masked in the fall, because the teacher union will push for it and have it written in to the contract. If the district wants to fully open schools, they may have to give in and agree to masking.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I am so upset. My youngest is high risk and not eligible yet. I had hoped to have a more normal summer but there will be know way to know if people next to us are vaccinated or not so we will once again spend summer mostly at home. I am thankful I don’t have to send my kids to camp or daycare with unmasked kids.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    It does seem like the new guidelines came out of left field. Our blue state, Illinois, has been much more restricted than you guys, and they still have a mask mandate here. My conspiracy friends feel it is to take focus of of something else the government has cooking up!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Ive heard this too. Dh who is primarily a fiscal conservative above all else (and a former petroleum engineer), feels that the new mask rules are to take attention away from the fact that there is no gasoline on the east coast. He says that because the Biden administration stopped all pipeline production, there is no safe secondary way to get gasoline to the east coast states. Apparently the Biden administration admitted begrudgingly just a day again that yes, pipelines are the safest way to get gasoline to the public. It’s a big mistake and the “good news” about the new mask rules should draw attention away from the gasoline mess. He says if this had happened under Trump’s watch, everyone would have blamed Trump for all the mess.

Except the new mask rules are NOT good news for the most vulnerable members of society.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I agree. The CDC's guidelines were super premature. They may be based on science but wow does the CDC not understand public mentality. OF COURSE this means people who aren't fully vaccinated and never plan to be are gonna throw away their masks!!!

I'm super disappointed, Costco. I'm so angry for those of you who can't get vaccinated or have children who aren't old enough. Just ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by frugalmom View Post
    You and me both sister! I am so upset. But I also think that the CDC said no masks for fully vaccinated people in most situations, so I think states and schools are not hearing that part of it.
    I think they ARE hearing that part and are choosing to ignore it. In part because there's no easy and reliable way to prove who is fully vaccinated and who is not. This crumbling of the honor system is just another thing to add to my list of why I have lost faith in humanity. And those of you who say your elementary schools are using this as an "excuse" to ditch masks for the rest of the school year?? O.M.G.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 05-15-2021 at 09:47 AM.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Our school sent out an email Friday saying they’re aware of the guidance but will be requiring masks for the foreseeable future so I’m grateful.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast