Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    For those with unvaccinated kids at home, how will you be handling masking now. Vaccinated adults in our circle are now not wearing masks when in the company of other vaccinated adults. I’ve still worn my mask because I think it stinks to require my kids to keep their masks on while I get to take mine off. So what are you doing in the company of your unvaccinated kids?

For those with unvaccinated kids at home, how are you handling post travel? My DH travels extensively for work. He has been home through the pandemic but will soon be back to traveling. His travels take him to areas outside the U.S. He is vaccinated. Are we really ok just to have him come back and rejoin the family unit without us masking? I believe he will need to test before returning to the U.S. Travel in the U.S. treated just like going to the office with no need for masking or testing afterwards?
    yesterday was our first dry run with this. I kept my mask on for the sae thinking you had- kept mine on since ds2 had to. But, I don't think he really cares what I do and would be totally fine if I took it off. I do put mine on if I am around kids in close proximity (I worked a yard sale and had to interact with littles exchanging money, talking about items). But, if we were just hanging out in the yard, mask would be off (and I have been doing that for a long time).

I think your dh's travel isn't really a big issue. If he is vaccinated, he is really a lot less likely to transmit it. I think that there just has to be a line where there could be some risks but they aren't worth wearing a mask full time around each other for.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default So pissed at the CDC

My Dd2 is 11 so we will continue with what is required by law. Right now that is anything indoors. Dd2 is very good about wearing a mask and will still wear it outdoors although sometimes she complains about it.

If my spouse were traveling I wouldn’t require him to quarantine if he was vaccinated. Masks are still required on airplanes and trains, which is a plus. If he needed to taxi/uber he would wear one then too. If he wasn’t vaccinated then I would put my foot down as much as possible with travel (but if the job depended on it I don’t know how successful I would be). I wouldn’t make my spouse wear a mask in our home, and while he follows the rules he wouldn’t want to wear a mask in his own home and I respect that. I wouldn’t want to wear a mask in my home either.

I am in California so we will probably have mask rules until “that magic unknown herd immunity/vaccination level” is reached. I don’t believe the Governor when he says California will be full reopened and mask free as of 6/15. Would I prefer that everything is open and mask free by 6/15? Yes, but I am a huge skeptic. The governor will be swayed to change his mind....as he has done many times in the past year with little or no reason. If he wasn’t facing a recall he wouldn’t have made an arbitrary random date of 6/15.....California would still be 100% locked down until “that magic unknown herd immunity/vaccination level” was reached. I am not a pessimist, but with California’s handling of this virus it has made me one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    Boo, now Target has hopped on the bandwagon of not requiring masks. I don’t often take my kids shopping with me, but that was one store like felt ok taking them too. First shots for them tonight then counting down 5 weeks!

We haven’t been to church since things shut down last spring because I wasn’t comfortable being surrounded by 100 other people inside even with masks on. I was hoping to resume this summer once more people are vaccinated. I’m curious to see how my church handles masks now. I think it will still take me some time to get used to not wearing a mask into a store or large building with lots of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because I'm here in CA, I have a lot of reason to suspect that my children will be safe in school for sure for the rest of the year but in the Fall too. I'm so grateful for that. I feel like church will be our pain point too. My church will absolutely adhere to local regulations but if those drop, it is up to each individual congregation. I hope that they'll choose to "suffer the children" and continue to wear masks. But it is hard when a certain component of the congregation actually feels that masks HARM children.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

A close friend just posted that a 17 year old died of covid related complications (no specific comorbidities were mentioned in the article, however a photo of the teen was posted and many will make many conclude he has at least one risk factor (weight)). This is in a town that has many anti maskers, lots of people not wanting to vax, She has been very vocal about the need to treat covid as still real. It's very sad that a teen has lost his life, she said many people in that town have not been enforcing masks for ages even though it's required by our state. She has been shopping elsewhere and was vaxxed ages ago. So many of her neighbors aren't getting vaxxed because of conspiracy theories. The latest cdc announcement has only given more people reason not to mask up.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    For those with unvaccinated kids at home, how will you be handling masking now. Vaccinated adults in our circle are now not wearing masks when in the company of other vaccinated adults. I’ve still worn my mask because I think it stinks to require my kids to keep their masks on while I get to take mine off. So what are you doing in the company of your unvaccinated kids?

For those with unvaccinated kids at home, how are you handling post travel? My DH travels extensively for work. He has been home through the pandemic but will soon be back to traveling. His travels take him to areas outside the U.S. He is vaccinated. Are we really ok just to have him come back and rejoin the family unit without us masking? I believe he will need to test before returning to the U.S. Travel in the U.S. treated just like going to the office with no need for masking or testing afterwards?
    DH and I have discussed this in case he's forced back to traveling for work earlier than ideal. Basically what we landed on is that his risks as a vaccinated person (both catching and spreading) are very low, but to make the risk even lower, he would take all precautions when traveling - masking in all public indoor spaces and outdoors when unable to maintain social distancing, being aware of where his hands are (not on his face!) and washing hands well, and wearing a KN95 on the plane or any public transportation. And avoiding indoor meals with coworkers in crowded restaurants..he would just tell them "we have unvaccinated kids at home and until they are fully vaccinated, I'm going to be extra careful."

So I had to run into Walmart this morning with my younger kids (thanks preschool pajama day last minute notice). I was pretty stressed about it actually (I have probably been in stores about 5 x only since last spring), DS 5 and DD 2 both wore masks and kept them on no problem (so did I though vaccinated), I was really really happy to see about 90% of people wearing masks though. I deliberately picked the less rural WalMart (we have 2 like 15 min apart and even though just a few miles I have always noticed the more rural part is worse.) Granted it was 9AM on a Tuesday but still I was pleasantly surprised to see more masks then not.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I ran into Meijer last night around 5:30 in a state that dropped their mask mandate a month or two ago. I thought Meijer was requiring masks, but the sign on the door said you didn't have to if you were vaccinated. I was very pleasantly surprised at the amount of people masking. Most people I saw without masks were young people in their 20s or 30s I would guess.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    I ran into Meijer last night around 5:30 in a state that dropped their mask mandate a month or two ago. I thought Meijer was requiring masks, but the sign on the door said you didn't have to if you were vaccinated. I was very pleasantly surprised at the amount of people masking. Most people I saw without masks were young people in their 20s or 30s I would guess.
    Meijer said they'd require then and then changed to not. I haven't been in mine yet.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Kris

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

And now, from what I believe is part of the trickle-down effect of the CDC guidance, our governor prohibited certain government entities from requiring masks after June 4. INCLUDING SCHOOLS. And my district decided yesterday that NO MASKS will be required in ANY GRADE next school year.

If I had a kid in elementary, or in middle school not old enough for the vaccine, I don't even know what I'd do. For starters, I'd cry. UGH.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 05-19-2021 at 12:33 PM.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    And now, from what I believe is part of the trickle-down effect of the CDC guidance, our governor prohibited certain government entities from requiring masks after June 4. INCLUDING SCHOOLS. And my district decided yesterday that NO MASKS will be required in ANY GRADE next school year.

If I had a kid in elementary, or in middle school not old enough for the vaccine, I don't even know what I'd do. For starters, I'd cry. UGH.
    That is directly against what the CDC has said. Even the CDC has said masks will need to be required in schools next year for kids not old enough to be vaccinated. The CDC messed this one up big time!

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast