Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for the tip! I was able to get it for free using the Prime credits I had stored up!
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Anybody else with a late high schooler who finds this all stressful? We hired a college coach, and I assume she knows all this (she's been pretty great so far), but just knowing all this is out there and I don't know it stresses me out! My kid is finishing Junior year with great grades and test scores (thought they aren't perfect), so the colleges he is looking at are hard to get into, for anyone. And with so little opportunity to visit any (he took a long weekend trip to see about 6 this spring), there are still so many options out there. Stressful!

But that said, I'll look into this book - thank you.
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by almostmom View Post
    Anybody else with a late high schooler who finds this all stressful? We hired a college coach, and I assume she knows all this (she's been pretty great so far), but just knowing all this is out there and I don't know it stresses me out! My kid is finishing Junior year with great grades and test scores (thought they aren't perfect), so the colleges he is looking at are hard to get into, for anyone. And with so little opportunity to visit any (he took a long weekend trip to see about 6 this spring), there are still so many options out there. Stressful!

But that said, I'll look into this book - thank you.
    I'm a little stressed, but DS1 is not. It's just so different now. And he has no preferences for anything so far - area of country, weather, size of college, city or rural, etc. We did one visit last month, but nothing else is open near us yet. He was interested in the dorms and that they had full sized beds and many/most kids have their own room as part of a suite. So that might be the biggest thing to go off right now. His grades and test scores are excellent so there are choices for sure.

I probably should have looked into hiring someone to help. We did not. And I hear the school counselors do not offer any help.
    Kris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2