Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would just make sure they wear a mask and your DS isn't directly interacting with them, although if it does happen, if he's wearing a mask and they are it's perfectly safe.

I would be more worried about the noise etc, if it will interrupt your work and his school work. Not sure how close to your rooms the work is being done, or how "noisy" the work will be.

If those are concerns, and a airbnb isn't too costly, maybe make a mini vacation out of it, a change of scenery, as I know you have been pretty much staying home.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for the replies! I will likely have ds stay in his room and do the other things suggested (windows, etc). I am not sure if they can block off the entire area, but it includes our kitchen so not sure how we are going to eat, etc. I plan to see how all that works out. Our bathrooms are right by our bedrooms, so there is no real avoiding that unless they bring a porta-potty (I am guessing not?). I think I have secured a hotspot so I can work in my office if needed (I still have an office, but its really small and no internet so not really a place dc can hang out and I need to see if I can make the hotspot idea work)...so, I guess a lot of this will be we will see how it goes. If I knew the dates would be firm, I would strongly consider getting an airbnb at least for the first 4 days...but since I cant count on the schedule sticking we will see...
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Germ guardian with UVC light?

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Our bathrooms are right by our bedrooms, so there is no real avoiding that unless they bring a porta-potty (I am guessing not?). ...
    You as the homeowner would foot the bill for a pota-potty if you wanted them to use one.
    Last edited by jgenie; 05-17-2021 at 08:17 PM.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marymoo86 View Post
    Germ guardian with UVC light?
    Do these work better than other air purifiers? I do have air purifiers in prep for wildfire season.

Thanks for the info on porta-potty responsibility and everything else!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2