Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default $50 free for Nordstrom Trunk Club

I am trying Trunk Club for the first time so sharing the $50 referral code here. Similar to Stitch Fix, there is a styling fee that goes toward any item you end up buying. You also get a preview so you can say yes or no on the choices before they ship. I’ve heard they are great at fulfilling really specific requests (even something really specific like please send me Birkenstocks) so this savings should be totally worth it!
    https://www.trunkclub.com/referral/M...=referral_link

Wanted to report back on my first trunk. In the app you can preview all of your items and then say "yes" or "no" to them. I didn't understand how the schedule worked so they ended up choosing my first trunk before I really filled out my style profile. It was super obvious because most of the items were definitely not stuff I would wear. So I approved two of the items and requested them to choose others to complete the trunk. It came yesterday.

The new items were WAY more my style after I gave them more feedback in the profile. A lot of the items were too high for me $$$ even after putting the lowest range for my items, but still stuff I was interested in. But I am notoriously, ridiculously cheap so that probably won't matter for regular shoppers. I honestly don't need clothes but if you really do, I can see this being a nice, convenient way of shopping.
    For those of you who just want to take advantage of the referrals (like me), you get the option of adding some extras to your trunk and that's what I did. I requested a pair of Zella leggings and that was the item I ended up keeping. Just to be clear, I had the $50 referral for signing up, the leggings were priced at $59 so I paid $9 for them and returned everything else. There were several basics that I probably would have kept if I needed them. It was fun to try everything on and the trunk itself was so cute. They make it super easy to return, even including little tabs to seal it back and a label to stick so you literally just drop it off to re-ship. Apparently you can request specific items from the Nordstrom website so I think I will do that if I earn more referral credits. Like straight up requesting a pair of birkenstocks or danskos. I have 7 referrals so far so hopefully I'll get some more free stuff!

My second trunk is on the way. She included one item I specifically requested (Oofos flipflops) and three items that are favorite brands I listed (Kut from the Kloth, Birkenstock, NYDJ). I also asked for some black joggers that would serve as “business casual” in my wardrobe and she sent a pair that looks good. Everything this round are items that I would happily try on. She also sent items on sale like I requested so there is a cute graphic tee that’s only $15 and several other items are cut back like 40% or 50%. So I am quite impressed this time with the choices! They don’t seem to have access to ALL of Nordstrom’s stock but it still seems slightly more versatile than stitch fix styles (which tend to be pretty narrow IMO....although I like SF I can understand why many people just don’t find styles they like there). Being able to request brands more specifically is really nice!

I got a pair of Kut from the Kloth (on clearance for $53) that I love and I love the Oofos. I might end up spending money beyond my credits after all!