doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default WHY did I listen???

dd1's school was offering covid shots. Yea! I immediately told her I was signing her up. Well, she thew a hissy fit. She wants to wait a little. She doesnt want to get it at school. blah blah blah. I explained that having 1 car makes it hard, appointments are hard to get and gas is expensive right now so I'm trying to minimize driving. Got lots of drama in return. I decided to honor her requests.

Shots are tomorrow. She asked what time her appt is. Uh, I didnt make it because YOU insisted you didnt want it yet! Now there are no more appts. And no appts are available in our town or any adjacent ones.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    dd1's school was offering covid shots. Yea! I immediately told her I was signing her up. Well, she thew a hissy fit. She wants to wait a little. She doesnt want to get it at school. blah blah blah. I explained that having 1 car makes it hard, appointments are hard to get and gas is expensive right now so I'm trying to minimize driving. Got lots of drama in return. I decided to honor her requests.

Shots are tomorrow. She asked what time her appt is. Uh, I didnt make it because YOU insisted you didnt want it yet! Now there are no more appts. And no appts are available in our town or any adjacent ones.
    Beth Israel Lahey Health has walk ins for ages 12+. Perhaps one of their locations is close to you.
    https://coronavirus.bilh.org/blog/cl...Lvrwj9I7QxNq98

You don't have to be a patient of BI or Lahey.

Also appointments in Framingham and Natick.
    https://myvcarepharmacy.com/?fbclid=...lnNdibydHlW2iw

Hope you find something. I would be very annoyed too!
    Last edited by ett; 05-20-2021 at 10:32 PM.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

First of all, I've also been burned by things like this, it's so annoying!!

I'm not sure what part of MA you're in but they are running a mass vaccination site for teens at the Double Tree Hotel in Westboro, right off 495. I'm looking for a link for you...

ETA:
    The MetroWest-Westborough Regional Vaccination Site at the DoubleTree Hotel has Pfizer appointments available for 12-17yos in Northborough, Westborough, Ashland, Boylston, Holliston, Hopkinton and Southborough.

Appointments are required and open to anyone 12 years of age and older. In order to register a minor, a parent/guardian must complete the online Consent Form. To register for an appointment at the Regional Clinic at the DoubleTree Hotel in Westborough visit: https://home.color.com/vaccine/register/northborough.
    Last edited by Twoboos; 05-21-2021 at 08:38 AM.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

There’s a vaccine clinic at Natick High School on Sunday. Looks like there are 1436 spots still available.

https://hipaa.jotform.com/211336223090140

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Consequences! If I'm reading this right, she's 15? That's old enough for _her_ to look online and find someplace nearby with appointments availible for her age group at a time that works for your family.

You'll still have to do the signing up part, but she should see that it's not an easy fix.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh my gosh. I'm so frustrated for you. How nice would it have been to have her do it at school! You're such a good mom for listening. I hope your DD appreciates that! It is good news that she does want the shot. I hope she gets it soon in a way that isn't too inconvenient. I TOTALLY understand the one car dilemma! A while back we had a scenario where DH and DS1 managed to get shots scheduled at virtually the same time 50 minutes apart...and we have one car. We had to borrow one (we are lucky to have my retired parents nearby) but it was a huge pain. GOOD LUCK!

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh man I'd be tempted to make her go and wait at the end of the line for any leftover/unused/no shows...and if that doesn't work, ugh...find another appointment.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'd definitely check to see if they have cancelled appointments/no shows. That sounds so frustrating and I hope she can get the vaccine there or elsewhere soon!

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    Consequences! If I'm reading this right, she's 15? That's old enough for _her_ to look online and find someplace nearby with appointments availible for her age group at a time that works for your family.

You'll still have to do the signing up part, but she should see that it's not an easy fix.
    WHY didnt I think of that? I'm usually big on making my kids diy stuff as a consequence. And for the latest on the saga..... I found out I could get her a slot at the MS. Begged 2 teachers at work to print out a form for me since our printers are broken. Filled it out and left it at the desk for her to pu on the way to the MS. Apparently, I got the dates wrong ... its next TH. and TH are really hard for us to manage.... I'm starting to think its a sign.. She doesnt want Sun b/c she has a tennis match on Mon and I don't want to drive too far or pay for parking. I really dont have the $

Ohh ... maybe I'll make her walk the 3 mi to the MS as the consequence... I know she'll get it, I'm just frustrated with her! According to my kids, as a parent, I can do nothing right!
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!