Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Your Local Epidemiologist addressed this today. It's not what I was hoping to see, but we did vaccinate our teen boys knowing that this was likely a risk. For us, this was a risk that we were comfortable assuming in the context of COVID impact.

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.subs...glgVjlMjZWifaA

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    And I remember Guillian Barre was once the subject of frequent PSAs (my DC continues to avoid aspirin!) but a lot of younger parents may not be as aware of it.
    Are you thinking of Reye's Syndrome?
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

WatchingThemGrow is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Myocarditis post vaccination

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    I hope he recovers fully. Just out of curiosity, do you know if he had covid before?

I find myself thinking about this a lot. Is it the shot causing it solely or is something in the body recognizing that spike and attacking it because it was in the body before? Hopefully they'll figure this out soon.
    His dad is a Neuro ICU doc and yes, they did have something horrible requiring both parents having albuterol for breathing at the beginning of the pandemic. It lasted about 21 days for the parents, not sure how long for him, but he may have had it before each parent. The mom said he also had pericarditis as well and is on a ton of heart meds, extremely restricted activities for 3 mos, still trying to get numbers down. Please pray for our friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    Your Local Epidemiologist addressed this today. It's not what I was hoping to see, but we did vaccinate our teen boys knowing that this was likely a risk. For us, this was a risk that we were comfortable assuming in the context of COVID impact.

Great resource! Thanks!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    His dad is a Neuro ICU doc and yes, they did have something horrible requiring both parents having albuterol for breathing at the beginning of the pandemic. It lasted about 21 days for the parents, not sure how long for him, but he may have had it before each parent. The mom said he also had pericarditis as well and is on a ton of heart meds, extremely restricted activities for 3 mos, still trying to get numbers down. Please pray for our friend.

Oh my gosh! For sure he’ll be in our prayers!

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post

I agree - not what I was hoping to see but happy to have vaccinated teen/tween boys given the COVID risks. I told DH last night I was relieved we vaccinated our boys before this latest set of numbers came out. We would likely have gone forward but with more trepidation and fear.

All medical interventions are a delicate balance between risks and benefits. Vaccinations provide an extra challenge since they are given to healthy people, thus we don't tolerate the same level of risks, yet require a higher level of benefit. We do need to get to the bottom of it.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

This is so scary. Lots of healing thoughts for your friend.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    I agree - not what I was hoping to see but happy to have vaccinated teen/tween boys given the COVID risks. I told DH last night I was relieved we vaccinated our boys before this latest set of numbers came out. We would likely have gone forward but with more trepidation and fear.

All medical interventions are a delicate balance between risks and benefits. Vaccinations provide an extra challenge since they are given to healthy people, thus we don't tolerate the same level of risks, yet require a higher level of benefit. We do need to get to the bottom of it.
    Same here
    K

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wow! Scary! Praying he continues to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post

I told DH I was so happy that DS got his second shot just as all of this was coming out. I have been watching him like a hawk the last two weeks, but know I would have been even more stressed if we hadn't already gotten the second shot. DS2 is in the trial right now, and I wish his second shot was already here. But given that it's a lower dose and he hasn't hit puberty yet, I'm hoping his risk is low.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom View Post
    Are you thinking of Reye's Syndrome?
    Yep — thanks for the correction. All those scary PSAs about post-infection syndromes must have run together in my head And there definitely were lots of such scary PSAs at one time. Not sure I ever knew anyone with Guillian Barre but we were all sure it was a serious threat. And Reye's Syndrome put a big dent in the sales of aspirin.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast