Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 170
  1. #71
    ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    .
    Posts
    5,743

    Default

    Your Local Epidemiologist addressed this today. It's not what I was hoping to see, but we did vaccinate our teen boys knowing that this was likely a risk. For us, this was a risk that we were comfortable assuming in the context of COVID impact.

    https://yourlocalepidemiologist.subs...glgVjlMjZWifaA

  2. #72
    o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Central IN
    Posts
    15,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    And I remember Guillian Barre was once the subject of frequent PSAs (my DC continues to avoid aspirin!) but a lot of younger parents may not be as aware of it.
    Are you thinking of Reye's Syndrome?
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

  3. #73
    WatchingThemGrow is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    19,691

    Default Myocarditis post vaccination

    Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    I hope he recovers fully. Just out of curiosity, do you know if he had covid before?

    I find myself thinking about this a lot. Is it the shot causing it solely or is something in the body recognizing that spike and attacking it because it was in the body before? Hopefully they'll figure this out soon.
    His dad is a Neuro ICU doc and yes, they did have something horrible requiring both parents having albuterol for breathing at the beginning of the pandemic. It lasted about 21 days for the parents, not sure how long for him, but he may have had it before each parent. The mom said he also had pericarditis as well and is on a ton of heart meds, extremely restricted activities for 3 mos, still trying to get numbers down. Please pray for our friend.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #74
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    .
    Posts
    13,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    Your Local Epidemiologist addressed this today. It's not what I was hoping to see, but we did vaccinate our teen boys knowing that this was likely a risk. For us, this was a risk that we were comfortable assuming in the context of COVID impact.

    https://yourlocalepidemiologist.subs...glgVjlMjZWifaA
    Great resource! Thanks!

  5. #75
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    .
    Posts
    13,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    His dad is a Neuro ICU doc and yes, they did have something horrible requiring both parents having albuterol for breathing at the beginning of the pandemic. It lasted about 21 days for the parents, not sure how long for him, but he may have had it before each parent. The mom said he also had pericarditis as well and is on a ton of heart meds, extremely restricted activities for 3 mos, still trying to get numbers down. Please pray for our friend.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh my gosh! For sure he’ll be in our prayers!

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    Your Local Epidemiologist addressed this today. It's not what I was hoping to see, but we did vaccinate our teen boys knowing that this was likely a risk. For us, this was a risk that we were comfortable assuming in the context of COVID impact.

    https://yourlocalepidemiologist.subs...glgVjlMjZWifaA
    I agree - not what I was hoping to see but happy to have vaccinated teen/tween boys given the COVID risks. I told DH last night I was relieved we vaccinated our boys before this latest set of numbers came out. We would likely have gone forward but with more trepidation and fear.

    All medical interventions are a delicate balance between risks and benefits. Vaccinations provide an extra challenge since they are given to healthy people, thus we don't tolerate the same level of risks, yet require a higher level of benefit. We do need to get to the bottom of it.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    His dad is a Neuro ICU doc and yes, they did have something horrible requiring both parents having albuterol for breathing at the beginning of the pandemic. It lasted about 21 days for the parents, not sure how long for him, but he may have had it before each parent. The mom said he also had pericarditis as well and is on a ton of heart meds, extremely restricted activities for 3 mos, still trying to get numbers down. Please pray for our friend.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is so scary. Lots of healing thoughts for your friend.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

  8. #78
    KpbS's Avatar
    KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    I agree - not what I was hoping to see but happy to have vaccinated teen/tween boys given the COVID risks. I told DH last night I was relieved we vaccinated our boys before this latest set of numbers came out. We would likely have gone forward but with more trepidation and fear.

    All medical interventions are a delicate balance between risks and benefits. Vaccinations provide an extra challenge since they are given to healthy people, thus we don't tolerate the same level of risks, yet require a higher level of benefit. We do need to get to the bottom of it.
    Same here
    K

  9. #79
    MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    His dad is a Neuro ICU doc and yes, they did have something horrible requiring both parents having albuterol for breathing at the beginning of the pandemic. It lasted about 21 days for the parents, not sure how long for him, but he may have had it before each parent. The mom said he also had pericarditis as well and is on a ton of heart meds, extremely restricted activities for 3 mos, still trying to get numbers down. Please pray for our friend.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow! Scary! Praying he continues to improve.

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    I agree - not what I was hoping to see but happy to have vaccinated teen/tween boys given the COVID risks. I told DH last night I was relieved we vaccinated our boys before this latest set of numbers came out. We would likely have gone forward but with more trepidation and fear.

    All medical interventions are a delicate balance between risks and benefits. Vaccinations provide an extra challenge since they are given to healthy people, thus we don't tolerate the same level of risks, yet require a higher level of benefit. We do need to get to the bottom of it.
    I told DH I was so happy that DS got his second shot just as all of this was coming out. I have been watching him like a hawk the last two weeks, but know I would have been even more stressed if we hadn't already gotten the second shot. DS2 is in the trial right now, and I wish his second shot was already here. But given that it's a lower dose and he hasn't hit puberty yet, I'm hoping his risk is low.

  10. #80
    NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by o_mom View Post
    Are you thinking of Reye's Syndrome?
    Yep — thanks for the correction. All those scary PSAs about post-infection syndromes must have run together in my head And there definitely were lots of such scary PSAs at one time. Not sure I ever knew anyone with Guillian Barre but we were all sure it was a serious threat. And Reye's Syndrome put a big dent in the sales of aspirin.


    Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •