Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I saw this the other day. I think risk aversion is very individual and I totally respect that, but this is kind of how I feel wrt our family. Thankfully my unvaccinated child is cool with wearing a mask whenever, even if I do not. My fully vaccinated (past the 2 week mark) 13 year old still prefers to mask.

https://messaging-custom-newsletters...a86940aefaba13

Not actually sure if that worked as it was from an email so

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/18/b...and-delta.html
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We will continue to wear masks indoors. Where I live I'd say that 95% of people are still masking inside (I went to CVS this week and only 2 people didn't have a mask on).

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We were very careful about masking at indoor activities and even chose to virtual learn all the past year. However, our family stopped masking at the end of May. Ds1 is 17 and was fully vaccinated about a month after us. Our youngest three got their first vax 3 weeks ago. So with the kids virtual learning until just recently, and the weather nice, they have had very little opportunities for COVID19 exposure. Also, young kids have very low rates of long-term health problems if they do catch Covid19 so the biggest risk was always to Dh and my health. Probably about 20% of the people I see at Walmart and Target still wear masks but positivity rates are low around here. Our family has pretty much got back to normal. I dont see a reason why not.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I'm mostly wearing a mask insured until DD is fully vaccinated later this week. It makes me feel better. But I'm ready to be done most places. Grocery shopping seems very safe as I'm just not around anyone enough to worry. If I were to go someplace crowded I'd likely wear it still.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Kris

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I will happily wear a mask anywhere it’s required or with anyone who would feel more comfortable if I do so. I did with my kids before they were fully vaccinated for the simple sake of supporting them. I sometimes wear it if it seems most others are wearing it because I simply feel weird being the only one not doing so. I sometimes where it because I can’t quickly figure out a store’s rule. I’m prepared to start wearing them again if needed due to Delta.

But otherwise, for me, I don’t think it’s needed for several reasons. My entire family is fully vaccinated now. My state is highly vaccinated. And community rates where I am are low. I’ve been tracking case count in my town since the beginning and we haven’t identified a case yet in the month of June. My 13yo still feels more comfortable wearing one and I am happy to support anyone who similarly feels more comfortable still in one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    I sometimes wear it if it seems most others are wearing it because I simply feel weird being the only one not doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was in Bath and Body Works over the weekend. They are still limiting capacity, so there were only 20 or so people in the store. Everyone had one on. I felt weird so I pulled mine out of my handbag.

Otherwise, I stopped wearing one about two weeks ago unless required. I will wear one with DS since he's 11, but he never goes shopping with me. I live in a North Carolina city that had very good mask compliance. Even after the CDC make its announcement and our governor dropped the mandate a couple of days after that, more than 90% of folks still wore them in stores. Since Memorial Day, though, that number has been steadily dropping and I would say it's now 50/50 most places. And that's right in line with state vaccination rates, although I think my city is a little higher than that. Spread is really low here, and the local hospital system is average 20 COVID patients per day, which is the lowest it's been in more than a year.

ETA: My office reopened at the beginning of the month for anyone who wanted to come in - no restrictions at all in place. I'm working here this week because DS is at camp nearby. There are a decent number of folks here and I haven't seen anyone in a mask.
    Last edited by carolinacool; 06-21-2021 at 12:26 PM.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

cliffs notes are up on the CDC ACIP meeting!

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.subs...yocarditis-and

I think if I were a boy mom, I'd still vaccinate (particularly because of the Delta variant) but would be keeping a very close eye in the week following the second shot.

eta: Dear Pandemic posted their own summary and included some of the graphics that are really helpful to see the risks/benefits so you can decide what risk you're comfortable with: https://www.facebook.com/dearpandemic/
    Last edited by twowhat?; 06-23-2021 at 06:20 PM.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    cliffs notes are up on the CDC ACIP meeting!

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.subs...yocarditis-and

I think if I were a boy mom, I'd still vaccinate (particularly because of the Delta variant) but would be keeping a very close eye in the week following the second shot.

eta: Dear Pandemic posted their own summary and included some of the graphics that are really helpful to see the risks/benefits so you can decide what risk you're comfortable with: https://www.facebook.com/dearpandemic/
    Thank you for posting the updates. My son is 11, and will be 12 at the end of the summer.I was already very nervous about him getting the same dose of a vaccine as I did (and I think you were the one who explained to me why 12 year olds get the same dose as adults), but with these myocarditis cases, it makes me even more nervous. He won’t be eligible for another month yet, so I have some more time to see how things play out. And I know covid is also a big risk. I’m not a risk taker at all, so having to make a choice between two things that both have risks is very difficult for me.

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thank you for the information. I hope they are looking at other things like the spacing between the first and second vaccine. If that could make a difference to avoid medication or possible hospitalization due to the vaccine, it seems like an easy thing to do.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm interested to see what happens if/when the younger age group gets approved for Moderna. When I saw slides earlier it looked like there were actually more cases from the Moderna vaccine when you factored in how many shots had been given. Obviously more Pfizer shots have been given since that's the only one approved for the under 18 group.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast