Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    Once vaccinated is it possible to detect a past COVID infection with an antibody test??? Is there any way to know if the antibodies are from infection or the vaccine?

Too late for me and my half vax’d kids, but kind of makes me want an antibody test prior to vaccination to know for sure. I do think there are a lot of kids within unknown COVID infections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is what I was wondering. Maybe those that are having this heart condition had asymptmatic Covid in the past and didn't know they had it? I'm glad they are looking into it, but how can they really connect if it was the vaccine that caused it if they don't know if the person had Covid prior to the shot? And I bet this will deter more people from getting vaccinated, especially in the young adult age group that they are seeing more infections in now.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This has really scared me!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

While we have a right to know ASAP, given the propensity for misinformation and misunderstanding (because how many people can take the time to investigate or even have the ability to do so) I kind of wish they would take a breath before publishing these things. Every time so far it’s turned out to be “similar to baseline.”
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Default Myocarditis post vaccination

I follow Tracy Hoag on Twitter. Md/PhD. She concludes that myocarditis is not similar to baseline.

I am so frustrated with the CDC. Dr. Walensky recently doubled/tripled down on the outside transmission rate.

No one is believable anymore.

Last edited by Kindra178; 05-27-2021 at 06:11 PM.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    I follow Tracy Hoag on Twitter. Md/PhD. She concludes that myocarditis is not similar to baseline.

I am so frustrated with the CDC. Dr. Walensky recently doubled/tripled down on the outside transmission rate.

I don't have twitter. Any chance you can share exactly what she said?

3isEnough is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post

Can you provide a link to her twitter pls. I’ve done several searches and keep landing on some other Tracy Hoag.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I saw this Tracy Hoeg comment on a post from YLE and spent a few min looking into her. I'm not so sure about her, to be honest. Her posts on FB seemed a bit one-sided and she's no longer on that platform (not that that says anything really). She's not a cardiologist or an infectious disease expert or an immunologist...she has a degree in epidemiology but I don't feel like her posts acknowledge some of the caveats of the data...she seems to like to take numbers and just crunch them.

I'm not saying she's not right, and there may actually be a link between the vaccine and myocarditis...I'm just not really convinced about the way she goes about her arguments.

Interested in seeing how this data all plays out...
    Last edited by twowhat?; 05-28-2021 at 04:06 PM.

3isEnough is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I really need to read up on this. My 15yo has heart issues (bicuspid aortic valve and aortic dilitation) and will need heart surgery in the next few years. He had covid sometime during the last year (we found out in Feb that he has antibodies) and just received his first covid vaccine last week. I’m concerned both due to his heart issues and because he already had covid, so I have some reading to do before his next vaccine dose.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast