Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Little League - update in #36

DS is 9 and loves baseball. Was in Little League in 2019 and LOVED it. He's not the most naturally talented player but he is the biggest cheerleader!

Obviously, he didn't play in spring 2020 as they did not hold it for his age group. But he did some baseball camps last summer and fall. We weren't super serious about it and didn't get him private hitting lessons or whatnot though. He just likes to play. This spring he chose to do soccer instead because that's what his friends were doing, but signed up for Little League this summer.

They had the tryouts last week and was assigned to be an alternate on the "B" team...which means that he can go to practices but not play in games unless someone else isn't there. So obviously he won't improve if he only goes to practices, and DS is not going to want to do that. He loves the games. I'm not quite sure i understand why they can't rotate players on and off the bench like they did when he was younger.

After a pandemic year where he didn't get to play, they are effectively ending his baseball career. At age 9. I just bought him a new bat and batting gloves and helmet and he was so psyched. My heart just hurts.
    Last edited by basil; 07-25-2021 at 08:56 AM.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14