Through Instagram I found a physical therapist that teaches fitness classes and I've been really impressed by the workouts. Her name is Dr. Shannon Ritchey and she can be found on Instagram and she also has a podcast. I have so many broken body parts--injured knee, sore traps, weak abs, from all the "trauma" and life these past years but I can do these workouts without pain. She uses what she knows about the body to do alternate exercises that provide less strain on the joints but they are very effective. I use my muscles to exhaustion but I don't have any pain. To reiterate these are not HITT workouts and I don't finish the workouts very sweaty but it feels effective.

So far I'm just doing all her free content. She has a membership program that involves daily classes you can follow along with but it is too pricey for me at $55 a month. She has several free videos on her Instagram account and if you sign up for her newsletter, she'll send you another five workouts you can do any time.

I thought I'd share because I've been seeking good fitness programs for years and I feel like I've been on a journey. I still love the HiGH fitness classes I found that are very dance oriented but man are they hard on my body. By contrast, these videos are gentle but are definitely building muscle. I think for my fitness needs these are the best. I am still doing certain "routines" from the HIGH fitness youtube videos because they are the funnest cardio I've ever done but I mostly do muscle building these days. I wanted to share because I think it is really valuable!