bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Thought I'd Recommend Some Strength Training Videos

Through Instagram I found a physical therapist that teaches fitness classes and I've been really impressed by the workouts. Her name is Dr. Shannon Ritchey and she can be found on Instagram and she also has a podcast. I have so many broken body parts--injured knee, sore traps, weak abs, from all the "trauma" and life these past years but I can do these workouts without pain. She uses what she knows about the body to do alternate exercises that provide less strain on the joints but they are very effective. I use my muscles to exhaustion but I don't have any pain. To reiterate these are not HITT workouts and I don't finish the workouts very sweaty but it feels effective.

So far I'm just doing all her free content. She has a membership program that involves daily classes you can follow along with but it is too pricey for me at $55 a month. She has several free videos on her Instagram account and if you sign up for her newsletter, she'll send you another five workouts you can do any time.

I thought I'd share because I've been seeking good fitness programs for years and I feel like I've been on a journey. I still love the HiGH fitness classes I found that are very dance oriented but man are they hard on my body. By contrast, these videos are gentle but are definitely building muscle. I think for my fitness needs these are the best. I am still doing certain "routines" from the HIGH fitness youtube videos because they are the funnest cardio I've ever done but I mostly do muscle building these days. I wanted to share because I think it is really valuable!

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks-- I need to do strength training. I'll check this out!
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think. I really liked her "knee friendly leg workout" and "neck friendly arms" which can be found just in her feed. I will say, I think she has really great things to say and is a good fitness trainer. She seems a little bit green to me and just the way she talks you can tell she's really young but I can see her only getting more polished as the time goes on.